Plan and analyse risk associated with critical system integrations
* Work closely with Development Leads to properly translate solutions into Engineering and Operational activities and tasks
* Work closely with Partners and vendors to help architect and integrate critical systems.
* Prepare and present status, technical and management reports as required
* Strong working knowledge of all Amazon Web Services product lines with particular strengths in EC2, S3.
* Exposure to Windows environments.
* Strong experience with systems monitoring tools and agents such as SNMP, Nagios, Cacti.
* Working knowledge of DevOps principles including source control tools, system instrumentation and configuration management.
* Working knowledge of open source RDBMS (MSSQL, Postgres and MySQL).
* Strong knowledge of agile software development methodologies and continuous integration or continuous delivery principles.
* Heavy background with application design essential; understanding of Development and Development practices highly desired, including application builds and code release management
* Strong knowledge of overall networking technologies / components (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Switching / Routing / Load balancing)
* Experience supporting infrastructure for highly available, highly scalable, multi-tier web-based systems required.
* Must have a strong understanding of best practices for secure systems design and scalable, fault tolerant architectures
* Experience with Hadoop and exposure to Big Data a plus