Candidate will be responsible for design & development of new products from concept to production. Should have in depth knowledge & hands on experience design complex mechanical or electro-mechanical assemblies. Must enforce design and development process to ensure seamless product design, validation and release to production. Work with cross functional team to develop supply base, design concepts, design documentation and manufacturing processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the mechanical design of motor, material components design/assemblies and performing basic calculations using engineering principles
- Work with cross functional team including application engrs to understand customer requirement, product line managers, supply chain, manufacturing engineering and sales
- Work with entire supply chain to launch into production from supplier, engineering, product design & validation thru launch to operations meeting total cost and quality objectives
- Timely preparation of quotes, proposals and documentation for product redesigns
- Experience designing complex electro-mechanical assemblies with Engg pirnciples
- Proficient in CAD modeling in Pro-E and able to prepare 3D layouts & 2D drawings
- Develop design of machined, stamped, formed and molded components including secondary processing (heat treatments, surface finishes) with knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Other required skills: GD&T, tolerance stack up analysis, DFMEA, developing validation plans, MS Office, material selection
- Basic manufacturing processes of mechanical assemblies
- Use of stage gate product development process, VAVE
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- BE Mechanical Engineering with 6+ years of exp. or ME with 4+ years of experience
- Proven track record of developing and launching products from concept to production release
KEY RECRUITMENT QUESTIONS
- What role did you (not the group or company) have in the last new product design that was released to production?
- How do you make sure that design will be first time right?
- How do you define design critical characteristics from customer requirement?
- Have you ever done concept selection and with which process/tools ?
- What is importance of DFMEA in design? How can you reduce RPN to zero?
- Are you willing and able to live and work in Mumbai?