Overall Job Purpose
Responsible for executing best-practice model validation activities to ensure models across Prudential are conceptually sound relative to their intended use and performing appropriately
This includes analysis, monitoring and identification of market, credit and insurance risk as it pertains in business environment through the production of sensitivity, simulation, stress testing, scenario analyses and optimization modelling.
Additional focus areas include trend analysis on various scopes, and the measurement and monitoring of concentration risk and risk appetite.
The job will also involve supporting business units across Prudential group in specialised projects and ad-hoc consultancy requirements relating to Operational risk.
* Critically validate external and other third party data and parameter values and assess whether the data is representative of the organizations situation.
* Assist in consulting and advising on actions to address significant market and credit risk weaknesses and table recommendations to the Risk Committee, Asset and Liability Committee and Board Audit Committee for approval
* Engage with business to pro-actively identify potential market and credit risk, as requested and/or as deemed necessary through indicative analyses
* analysing the organisation's market position and running figures through complex modelling techniques to find value at risk (VAR) measurements
* Identifying and analysing existing and potential risks in any product or activity offered or envisaged to be offered by Prudential