Responsible for developing Demand Plan and executing inventory plans that will enable to meet sales and service objectives. Collaboration with other members of the supply chain, sales, marketing, and customer support teams is paramount to achieve these sales and service objectives.
Creates, develops, produces and collects demand forecasts. Interacts and communicates with sales, marketing, finance, purchasing, supply planning, and other departments as appropriate to obtain current and accurate information. The Demand Planner works to analyze current business and economic demand trends and predict future trends. He demonstrates a higher level technical expertise, a higher level understanding of the elements of the supply chain process and the information flow through the demand and supply planning process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demand forecasting - Development of statistical demand forecasts utilizing computerized software tools such as SAP APO..
Monthly collaboration with marketing/sales personnel in order to incorporate "marketing intelligence" into the demand forecasts.
Continuously improving forecasting techniques, method, and approach
Evolving and maintaining documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, insuring forecasting processes and methods are followed.
Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and eventually account POS and inventory levels).
Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models and software tools) in creating forecasts and respective inventory targets.
Coordinate promotions activities and projects
Ensure a good understanding of the route to market of the company and the customer set
- Inventory management-Establishment of replenishment lot sizing consistent with manufacturing and transportation costs, inventory objectives, and manufacturing/distribution center capacities.
Make recommended adjustments to forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
Lead forecast and inventory planning meetings, reviewing recommended sales forecasts and inventory projections and goals (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, and promotions).
Manage inventory targets (including safety stock levels) that are approved by management.
Replenishment :Validate replenishment proposal from plants and ensure receipt warehouse capacity
- Continuous improvement and reports-Monitoring/reporting on deviations in actual vs. planned inventory levels.
Development and implementation of corrective actions preventing future variances.
Proactively facilitating, re-engineering, best practices & consensus between functional experts (Demand Planning, Inventory Planning, Purchasing, Sales & Marketing, Operations, Finance, and IT)
Prepare, report, and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets).
Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives in the future
Excess and obsolete inventory expense forecasting. Root cause investigation and corrective action implementation to minimize future WO risk.
Participate in the S&OP process
- Familiarity with advanced planning technology and decision-support tools
- Demonstrated ability to use analytical and statistical models to analyze demand and prepare forecasts, preferably in APO
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional, team oriented environment
Ability to lead cross-functionally.
Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in inventory.
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to complex problems that may not have one clear answer.
- Experience on Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related field or 2+ years forecasting or marketing analysis experience in the Food & Consumer Packaged Goods industry