The DBA will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day operations of a fast-paced complex distributed database environments supporting primarily OLTP and few data warehouse environments
- Performance tuning at the database level
- SQL and PL/SQL tuning
- Review and recommend logical design
- Converting logical to physical design
- Backup and recovery (RMAN and traditional)
- On-call support during the day on weekdays and rotational on-call support during weekends
UG: Any Graduate - Any Specialization
PG:Any Postgraduate - Any Specialization, Post Graduation Not Required
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
- 4+ years of Oracle DBA experience on Unix/Linux.
- 1+ years experience with 11g on Unix/Linux
- Experience in data guard
- PLSQL and SQL
- Experience with backup and recovery
- Experience with performance tuning
- BS in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years Oracle DBA experience
- Highly motivated to solve problems efficiently.
- Fast troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with DBA and application teams
- Experience with high-volume OLTP database systems.
- Experience in DR
- Experience in a 24X7 production environment
- Experience with terabyte databases.
- Knowledge of Oracle DBA best practices (e.g., schema management, index optimization, and use of hints)
- Strong query and database tuning skills
- Capacity monitoring and management capabilities
- Experience in Linux is a plus