Good in DB2 RDBMS architecture concepts
* Usage of database catalogs
* Space management,
* Managing Archive log files
* Managing Re-org, Runstats utility
* User management
* Backup and recovery methods including point in time recovery.
* Backup and recovery using DB2 backup and restore commands.
* Ability to use export/import, DB2move, Load utility.
* DB2 node directory / catalog configuration
* Database performance tuning using DB2dart, DB2explain utilities.
* Trouble shooting database issues using db2diag and notification logs,
* Snapshot, event monitor, db2hc or enabling hmon.
* Basic SQL knowledge
* Working knowledge of Unix
* Knowledge of Tivoli Storage Manager / Tivoli Data protector (TSM / TDP)
* Troubleshooting of issues in Tivoli Storage Manager / Tivoli Data protector (TSM / TDP) Desirable:
* Knowledge of DB2 UDB 9.x (Viper)
* Working Knowledge of HACMP, HADR in DB2 UDB environment.
* Use of problem and change management tools
* Must have proven team working skills balanced with ability to work alone and a positive attitude.
* Customer focus
* Communication skills # Demonstrated English communication skills
Minimum 4 years relevant experience.