This area focuses on our infrastructure and services availability.
The IT Infrastructure consists of:
- Data Centers:
We have three live and production datacenters (plants at Ras Laffan,Doha Head Quarter and Doha DR Site) with over 300 (Physical and Virtual) servers and mission critical applications e.g. ASP, IBPM, Portal services, etc- .
We have standardized on Cisco infrastructure hardware:
Servers and Storage :
- Rack mounted (Cisco UCS C Series)
- Blade systems (Cisco UCS B250 and Cisco UCS B200 series ) integrated with - Cisco UCS5108 Enclosures connected by Cisco Fabric Interconnect- .
- The storage is EMC VNX5500 and VNXe in three locations; and the storage fabric is built over Brocade SAN switches.
- The backup solution is Symantric NetBackup 7.6 in all locations.
- Storage replication to DR site using EMC recover point and VPLX
- The archiving solution used is EMCsource one with EMC Centera as an optimized backend storage.
- Rack mounted infrastructure appliances netbackup 5230, NetBackup 5220, Microsoft storsimple 5520 and Citrix Netscaler.
- Virtual server infrastructure based on MS Hyper-V and VMware Hypervisors,
- Virtual desktop and application based on Citrix Xenapp and VDI
- Mobile applications and mobile device management based on citrix xenmobile and BES technology.
- Private cloud management and operations sing MS System Center 2012 R2 suite
- Cloud base infrastructure and applications MS Azure and office 365