Skills Required : Unix, Linux, Windows, Oracle/SQL, RMAN, OS cluster, Virtualization.
<>*Managing Oracle and SQL database in highly available environment
- Ensure availability and performance of the UNIX/Linux systems and Oracle/ SQL Databases
- Provide primary support of highly critical system issues, support of escalated issues from Customer Service and Data Center Operations.
- Establishing operations policies and procedures for production Installing, configuring, and maintaining production systems
- Periodic patch management and upgrade activities
- Capacity review for Server and Database systems.
- Experience in identifying, evaluating, installing, updating, and patching database software residing on Unix/Windows servers and Database servers.
- Experience using RMAN for backup/recovery operations.
- Experience providing support for SQL Server on Windows and Oracle databases in both Unix and Linux
- Ensure data security, integrity and access control as per auditing standards.
- Experience in OS cluster (HP-UX/Linux), Virtualization (HP vPAR/nPAR/ Oracle VM), replication configurations.
- Experience in Oracle RAC Cluster for High availability and Data guard for DR options.
- Detects, isolates, documents, quickly reports, and resolves system outages, or problems encountered during operations of the operational system baseline, which includes the collections of diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, development of workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system