The candidate will perform data modeling and detailed requirements analysis for management reporting development projects. The candidate will also be responsible for defining and driving the use of reporting standards across the enterprise. The candidate will assess detailed business requirements for operational, analytic and executive reporting to design, develop and support business intelligence solutions. The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail, be able to operate within ambiguity, and demonstrate flexible and intuitive communication skills and a willingness to mentor others.
Work with highly motivated team of Architects, Developers & Analysts that deliver innovative reporting solutions to timely and successful conclusions while adhering to standards, quality and deadlines. Recommend an optimal information architecture, technology infrastructure, and change management and security processes for the reporting environments. Develop and drive the implementation of management reporting best practices and standards for the team. Participate in the development and support of reporting solutions including program modifications, performance tuning, problem solving, debugging, and unit testing.
1. Strong Logical and Physical data modeling experience and key understanding of relational database development including the ability to write and tune on Postgre SQL queries on large database systems
2. Experience in the complete data warehouse project life cycle is required (requirements gathering, architecture, design, implementation, and tuning)
3. Ability to perform database maintenance tasks including :user management, performance management, space management, backup and recovery.
4. Specialty in developing and supporting data warehouses based on large-scale (200 Gigabytes to multi-terabytes) source databases
5. Significant experience in the process of extracting data from multiple sources including a data warehouse environment
6. Excellent communication skills to work with various members of teams to gather reporting requirements from each portfolio that would be a basis for creating data warehouse
7. Ability to classify business drivers for data warehouse initiative
8. Experience in creating data warehouse frameworks and performance tuning of a data warehouse
9. Capable in performance optimization and tuning with reporting applications/solution
10. Skilled in data administration, data modeling and tuning, and ensuring development teams have the optimum environment in which to deliver applications to include indexing strategies, database layout, and loading
/ updating strategies
11. Familiarity / Experience with leading ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) tools / vendors so that the warehouse is populated with timely and accurate data
12. Ability to prioritize and manage concurrent projects, demonstrate initiative, and work independently with minimal supervision
13. Ability to set and enforce standards for data modeling, data warehousing, and data management.
14. Familiarity with Report Writing tools such as BOBJ, Cognos, Report Services, or Microstrategy.