Roles and Responsibilities:
Application Management: Managing/configuring Concurrent Managers, Cloning, Patch management, Printer setup, troubleshooting apps related issues.
Application Installation: Install/ Configure tools and application, install third party tools
Support: Provide Technical support, Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the PROD/DEV environments.
Database Management: Install/Create database, Database Refresh, Database Administration, Database backups/recovery and Database Migration.
Working on Oracle Application and Database of various releases.
Responsible for the overall stability, performance, security and recoverability of the Oracle and Oracle Application databases.
Develop and implement the technical procedures and standards for preserving the integrity and security of the Oracle/Oracle Application databases.
Establish, coordinate, and maintain databases and database environments for testing, production, training, and user demonstration.
Monitor and optimize the performance of Oracle/Oracle Applications and the database as a unit.
Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for all database systems.
Create documentation for various processes as required by projects.
MUST TO Haves:
1. Needs to have at least 5 - 7 years of experience on Oracle Applications/Database administration, including customer facing experience.
2. Oracle core DBA skills for supporting database architectures of Oracle 9i/10g/11g
3. Oracle Applications 11i/R12 Maintenance , Patching, Performance tunings and System administration.
4. Well Versed in using AD Utilities.
5. Expert understanding of the Oracle Application Architecture and experienced in Oracle Application upgrades and disaster recovery plans
6. Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills for the Oracle Application databases.
7. Oracle Real Applications Cluster (RAC) experience
8. Parallel concurrent processing for concurrent managers
9. Strong Unix background and shell scripting skills
10. Capacity planning
11. Production and development database support
12. Performance tuning is added advantage.
13. Good Knowledge on RMAN for Backup and Recovery.
14. Database cloning skills including Rapid clone
15. Develops innovative ideas for project teams facing database issues.
16. Must be proactive and self-motivated, and not wait for direction.
17. Must be easily understood and possess excellent English communication skills, both verbal and writing skills.
Qualifications: BE / B Tech / ME / M Tech / MCA with at least 5 to 7 years of relevant experience