Oracle DBA responsible for coordinating with clients / stake holders, understanding, evaluating, organizing, planning, installing and configuring high end database systems on physical servers, database refresh, upgrade, migrations, consolidation, backup restore, performance tuning and troubleshooting
1. Should have in-depth knowledge of databases
2. Should have the ability to conceptualize and provide database solutions based on client requirements
3. Should be capable of handling capacity planning and infrastructure set-ups for a large installation
4. Should be capable of designing security solutions
5. Should be capable of leveraging on the latest database features
6. Should be capable of mentoring other people / projects on the technical front
7. Should be capable of conducting advanced training on Oracle database (including concepts like Partitioning, Parallel queries, various types of Indexes, Job scheduling, Database utilities, Database query tuning, RAC, Data Guard, Replication, Backup and Recovery, Tuning, Auditing etc.)
8. Should be capable of migrating from any non-Oracle database to Oracle
9. Should be capable of implementing DR solution (Data Guard), Clustered database (RAC), Advanced security options (Label security) etc.
10. Should be capable of leveraging on advanced OS level utilities for tuning and management
11. Should have knowledge of strategies for Data Archival, Data Movement Life cycle and Data Quality Management etc.
12. Should have minimum of 6 years hands-on experience with Oracle Database Administration
13. Should have executed at least 2 projects with Senior Oracle Database Administrator, each having duration minimum of 6 months
14. Should have executed at least 1 project as Oracle Database Administration Lead for a duration minimum of 6 months
15. Should have at least 1 experience on physical database modelling for a large size system or implementation experience with 3rd party data model
16. At least 1 experience in conducting advanced level training on Oracle
17. Should be an Oracle Certified Professional for Database Administration
18. Experience on engineered database systems like Exadata, SPARC Super Clusters etc.
19. Documentation experience (Run book, start-up and shutdown).
20. Strong understanding and comprehension of ITIL fundamentals.
1. Coordinating with client / stake holders and client project managers, understanding and executing the projects on time.
2. Attending meeting and discussion with client / stake holder / application team for planning, executing and delivering the projects on time.
3. Co-ordinating with offshore, sharing the work and getting done on time.
4. Doing server migration and server refresh activities.
5. Doing host based storage migration activities.
6. Install, configure Oracle RAC and standalone database servers
7. Responsible for troubleshooting Oracle clusters during major incidents
8. Creating scripts for post build configuration.
9. Performs capacity analysis, monitors and controls usage of disk space.
10. Develops procedures for server builds and post build configuration.
11. Provides recommendations for improving the server environment, such as capacity thresholds, security gap, patch levels and hardware recalls.
12. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
13. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
14. Ability to effectively work on and prioritize multiple concurrent jobs.
15. Self-motivation and team-player attitude.
16. Coordinate with service provider for issues and incidents related to critical Server outages, SEV 1 issues and RCA.
17. Participate in the 24x7 on-call rotation.
18. Experience in ITIL process.