Proficient in Oracle 10g and 11g Versions
- Monitoring database health using command line as well as grid control.
- Monitoring backups of the database on a regular basis and work with backup team.
- Monitoring space management at database and server level and work with Unix team.
- Identify Business Critical alerts from all production databases and find a root cause and solution.
- Patching oracle database and grid agents in rac and non-rac when needed.
- Monitoring oracle physical standby databases and patching them when required.
- Deploying code in production databases in times of release activities or any maintenance tasks.
- Monitoring Database and server and listener crash in both RAC and Non-RAC and taking action immediately.
- Very prompt in escalating to the onsite team if any database issues on regular basis.
- Changing of oracle server and database passwords as per client requirement and documenting the changes.
- Check for the database locking sessions and work with app support team to resolve them.
- Check for the database long running queries and provide our recommendations to the onsite team for further review.
- Check for regular BCV/Snap refresh job failures and resolve them.
Job Level Specific Duties :
- Works on less complex applications and/or issues.
- Assist in Identifying opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service levels.
- Creates new development procedures.
- Assist in creating new processes to drive desired results.
- Collaborates with and understands business goals.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment on technical matters.
- Solid understanding of at least one programming language.
- Solid knowledge of coding, testing, and debugging simple applications.
- Solid knowledge of application configuration, maintenance and support.
- Solid knowledge of client / server networks.
- Strong ability to effectively troubleshoot program errors.
- Knows and consistently applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of applications programming.
Note: Looking for immediate or 7-15 days notice period