1) Experience in setting up new DB environments from scratch.
2) Will own DB servers in one or multiple production data center and will be responsible for coming up with the upgrade/ maintenance calendar.
3) Be the point person and lead all upgrade cycles on these servers by liaising with hosting, engineering and support teams for proper communication etc.
4) Experience on database administration in MS SQL Server 2005/ 2008/ 2012
5) Installation, configuration and upgrading of Microsoft SQL Server software and related products.
6) Expertise on Database security, Backup and recovery, Capacity planning.
7) Experience on Log shipping, Replication, DB Mirroring and Cluster setup
8) Experience in working with SQL tools like SQL Diagnostic Manager, Red Gate will be plus.
9) Involved in Database performance tuning using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer and Index tuning wizards.
10) Application tuning and performance monitoring.
11) Experience in working on Cloud (SaaS) based environment will be plus.
12) Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
13) Proven communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) and proven interpersonal skills.
14) Should be Proactive, take Initiatives, can work independently and as part of a team and provide supports when required.
15) Do general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams.
16) Exposure in supporting very large SQL Databases in Enterprise Web Hosting environments and meeting SLAs.
17) Working knowledge on SSIS, SSRS will be an added advantage