DB2 Sys Prog requirement:
Candidate should have minimum 8 years of experience in DB2 System programming.
Environment- Subsystem setup, Backup & Recovery
- Experience and Expertise in Monoplex, SYSPLEX architecture and data sharing architecture.
- Experience in DB2 subsystem setup - both Stand-alone and data sharing.
- Experience and Expertise on tweaking DB2 ZPARMs
- Good knowledge on DB2 DRDA architecture and Communication database.
- Experience in DB2 backup and recovery scenarios - traditional image copy, FLASH, mirroring etc., methodology
- Experience in REXX/CLIST and ISPF programming skills.
- Good knowledge on transactional environment like CICS, IMS architecture and interface with DB2.
- Experience and Expertise on software migration and maintenance procedures - Install, backout, re-migration process - DB2 V9, V10, and V11
- Experience and good exposure to unsupported, new features in the recent versions of DB2 on z/OS software. (V11, V10 etc.,)
- Good knowledge on mainframe compilers like LE etc.,
- Experience and Expertise on SMP/E basics and debugging.
- Good knowledge on process related to PMR tickets and co-ordination with L2 development support.
- Good exposure to the Installation and maintenance of
- IBM tools like OMEGAMON, DB2 Admin, HPU etc.,
- CA - Suite of tools like RC Tools, RC Migration, Fast Load/Unload, Insight etc.,
- BMC - Suite of tools
- Experience and expertise in IBM utilities like REORG, RUNSTATS, LOAD, UNLOAD etc.,
- Experience in IBM tools/products is mandatory. Candidate should have good experience in both BMC and CA products or either one is okay
- Experience in problem debugging and Vendor specific PMR ticketing procedure.
Problem Solving & Performance:
- Good knowledge and experience on DB2 traces, SMF, RMF and WLM.
- Good knowledge and experience on SMF Statistics, accounting and performance reports.
- Good knowledge on Virtual storage tuning like Buffer Pool, EDM Pool and thread storage parameters.
- Good knowledge on SYSPLEX, data sharing and distributed problem solving skills.
- Expertise on monitoring tools like IBM Omegamon, CA Insight, BMC Mainview etc.,
Additional/Nice to have SKills:
- Experience in DB2 Connect and IBM Data Studio
- SAP/DB2 architecture knowledge.
- SAP/DB2 Maintenance procedure. Experience in SAP note, high availability solutions, GUI DB transactions etc.,
- PeopleSoft/DB2 architecture.
Note: Looking for immediate or 7-15 days notice period