- Spark (must have)
- Scala (must have)
- Python (must have)
- Machine Learning (preferred)
- H2O (preferred)
- PhD candidates are preferred
- The Customer Insights & Analytics team works closely with Business Units, Marketing, Measurement and Product teams to answer strategically important business and product questions.
- The team identifies and solves important and complex problems utilizing advanced data analysis and modelling skills. Insights from the team are frequently used by Company executives to provide direction and power growth of the Marketplaces Business Unit across the globe.
- On a day to day basis this role will work in the Data Science/Predictive Modelling team and will be responsible for using analytical techniques to deliver insights and implement findings on the behaviour of customers.
- The successful candidate will gain exposure to some of Company's most strategically important and challenging problems and will collaborate with team members and business partners to recommend appropriate solutions.
Role Responsibilities :
- Build and refine predictive and prescriptive statistical models to improve insights, enhance data-driven business strategies, and drive improved profitability.
- Develop next-generation analytic approaches where current generation approaches are not adequate.
- Determine when and how to use quantitative research tools to address business problems.
- Document the thinking and the details to enable future analysts to reference.
- Develop deep expertise with Company's data warehouse, systems, product and other resources.
- Extract, collate and analyse data from a variety of sources to provide insights to customers.
- Collaborate with the research team to incorporate qualitative insights into projects where appropriate.
Role Requirements :
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Advanced data mining and predictive modelling (including statistical modelling and Machine learning techniques) skills.
- Must have very strong statistics orientation (Theory and applied).
- 3+ years of business experience in an advanced analytics role
- Experience with experimental test design (A/B split, full factorial, fractional factorial)
- 3+ years working within an enterprise data warehouse environment or Big Data architecture
- Strong Python and R programming skills. SAS, MATLAB will be plus
- Strong SQL skills. Very data savvy. Teradata and Hadoop experience is preferred
- Keen ability to visualize data through graphing/ charting/ information display skills
- Analytical and decisive strategic thinker, flexible problem solver, great team player;
- Able to effectively communicate to all levels
- Impeccable attention to detail and very strong ability to convert complex data into insights and action plans