* Self-managing and able to work on multiple development projects.
* Proactively learn about our systems by talking to existing employees and in reviewing in detail the actual code.
* Become the subject matter expert on our applications and the interrelationship of multiple application systems and the data.
* Strong leadership skills and the demonstrated capability to take a stance and to steer LRN staff and groups to use processes adhering to industry best practices
* Exhibit excellent teamwork behavior by working well with multiple groups effectively (e.g. QA, Developers, DBA, Linux Systems Engineers, Partner Support)
* Strong SQL and PL/SQL language skills
* Good data architect skills including a basic understanding of ER.
* Must be able to write efficient SQL statements and have the skills and knowledge to debug and tune performance problems. The Dev DBA must understand the use of indexes, interpretation of plan results, and be able to develop new or to revise existing indexes to address performance issues.
* Dev DBA/Data Architect is expected to be actively involved in addressing high impact Production problems.
* Position requires occasionally developing new reports
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Technical Skills
* The ideal candidate must be able to thrive in a complex environment and take pride and ownership of the work they produce. A successful Development DBA will be someone who:
* Experience working in medium to large company (minimum 20 instances, 5 are production, largest instance least 500 gigabyte in size)
* Solid Oracle DBA skills
* Fundamental understanding of Relational Database Knowledge, entity relationship, primary keys, foreign keys, normalization
* Considerable experience and knowledge of Oracle 'best practices'.
* Exceptional troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving skills.
* Must have excellent learning abilities and have the ability to use various resources to research issues.
* Skilled at writing Oracle DDL, SQL, PL/SQL programs
* Good verbal and written communication skills
Highly Preferred Technical Skills
* Linux scripting
* Experience with version control (Perforce, etc.)