Twitter is looking for an exceptional data scientist to join the Growth team. As a Country Data Scientist at Twitter, you will be the primary point of contact for quantitative insights informing the strategy in a priority market.
Your role will involve exploring large amounts of unstructured data in order to provide guidance to the Country Growth leader, as well as the product organization, to help Twitter answer complex questions specific to your market, driving practical business impact
- Inform decisions quantitatively with a strong knowledge and access to the Twitter data infrastructure
- Monitor, decipher, and explain variations and key trends in user numbers
- Communicate insights cross-functionally with country growth lead, product, research
- Apply statistical techniques on large datasets to: i) measure results and show key trends, ii) identify causal impact and attribution, iii) analyze experiments, iv) model and predict future performance of users or products
- Write and interpret complex SQL queries for internal production and analysis purposes
- Be the local go-to person for any data question or quantitative insight
You should be passionate about finding insights in data, and have a strong cultural knowledge of your local market.
4+ years of work experience involving quantitative data analysis to solve problems
- 4+ years of work experience involving quantitative data analysis to solve problems
- Degree in Applied Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or other quantitative field. PhD or MS preferred.
- Expert in SQL and other processing languages
- Expert with data analysis languages (R/Matlab/Python)
- Strong knowledge of local culture and usage of Twitter
- Ability to communicate results clearly and effectively
- Four or more years of industry experience
- Capacity of working autonomously with cross-functional partners
- Experience with large datasets and processing frameworks like Hadoop
- Experience or passion for data visualization, presentation, and communication