Area of Responsibilities:-
* Ensures assigned projects are completed within budgets and schedules while meeting client needs, business objectives and design guidelines.
* Manages program of projects and project managers within a region to ensure successful completion and coordination of all efforts.
* In cooperation with HO, develops program and annual budget for regional capital project program.
* Prepares detailed construction cost estimates and documentation (e.g. PFR, PAR) for project funding authorization.
* Is responsible for interfacing with appropriate levels of management to obtain funding approval signatures. Explanation of project scope and the associated costs as required is part of this process.
* Monitors progress, provides financial control and ensures quality of project.
* Responsible for ensuring the project managers Manage the project team including engineers, Coordinators, Safety, workplace consultants, construction managers and administrative support.
* Prepare detailed construction cost estimates and documentation for project Funding authorization.
* Works cooperatively with and ensures that projects managers work cooperatively with the appropriate Client Service Directors and project client to clarify specific needs and requirements and keeps client and appropriate Client Service Director up-to-date on project status throughout process. Manages efforts of other corporate support functions such as Legal, Insurance and Loss Prevention, OAA, Security, and Systems.
* Ensures all projects are completed within budgets and schedules while meeting client needs, business objectives and design guidelines.
* Participate in or oversee the pre-qualification and bid evaluation process for consultants, contractors, and other outside vendors and selects vendors.
* Must have adequate experience of handling multiple large value Overhead Transmission line projects, with proven skills on Project Mgmt.
* Must have sound Experience of overseas commercial Issues, project cost estimation, and sound technical knowledge.
* Interacts with governmental branches and regulatory agencies as required to ensure that projects comply with all applicable legal requirements and regulations.
* Makes presentations to senior management.
* Hires, manages and develops staff