JD for Contracts Manager.
Manage both pre and post contractual matters including the review, drafting and negotiation of contracts, and the monitoring of the performance of contracts. Ensure:
* compliance with company contracting policies, code of business conduct (ethics and integrity), and standards relating to corporate governance;
* development and maintenance of competitive contracting practices which deliver positive economic results.
1. Contracts (various: including formal, short form, and annual contracts) drafting, evaluation, negotiation and execution:
* non disclosure agreements, sales / purchasing agreements, sub-contracts, consulting agreements, licensing agreements, master agreements, review of customer proposed terms and conditions;
* distribution agreements (resellers, agents, joint marketing etc.);
* commercial and public (federal, state and local municipalities) contracting.
2. Serve as the point of contact for customers on contractual matters.
3. On all standard and non-standard contracts, provide redlined recommendations and negotiate directly with customer and/or customer's attorneys or purchasing staff until consensus has been reached.
4. Approval of eGAP, (or it's replacement) in accordance with company contracting policies and SEA.
5. As needed, provide guidance and training on contract matters to sales representatives and project managers, and other employees in contracting procedures.
6. Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
7. Monitor compliance by company employees with established contracting procedures.
8. Work with Risk Management function to coordinate contractual insurance requirements.
9. Work with Finance function to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing and discounting policies, export controls etc.
10. Monitor competitive terms. Monitor customer satisfaction with our terms and conditions and contracting practices. Recommend changes.
11. Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation to support implementation.
12. Handle on-going issue and change management.
* Minimum of 7 to 10 years in a legal / contract management environment.
* Expertise in the subject matter of contract and commercial law.
* Possess comprehensive knowledge of general corporate business practices, government and commercial contracting regulations and principles, subcontracting practices, and accounting and finance principles.
* Excellent negotiation, oral and written communication skills.