The Civil Engineer shall be responsible for:
Engineering Operations - Ability to Deliver Projects as allocated by Civil/Water Practice Lead without supervision - Demonstrate a track record of municipal services design and design team leadership as well as project management.
- Be familiar with various analysis methods including hand calculations and computer modelling using civil engineering software.
- Ensure that all work produced complies with company, national, industry and project quality requirements, understanding at least the principals of Quality Assurance and Health & Safety best practice
- Ability to check and review own work; ability to check the work of others. - Ability to write technical reports. Give presentations to clients.
Management and Administration - Monitor progress against programme of self and junior team members - Support Practice Lead for various projects within the Water/ Civil Department ensuring timely and profitable delivery of works, quality of deliverables, and budgetary control
- Maintain good working relationship with other team members
Mentoring and Coaching - Willingness to develop others in the team - Encourage skills transfers from senior to junior staff by coaching juniors in analysis and design techniques - Embrace the learning and development facilities within Mott MacDonald to ensure professional development of self and team
Ad Hoc - Proven track record in municipal services & general civils design - Ability to deliver Civil & services design without supervision - Knowledge of relevant standards - keen to work in a multi-disciplinary team - Be willing to travel within Southern Africa and possibly further afield - Aspiration for team leadership
Candidates should have the following experience and qualifications;
- BSc or BTech Civil Engineering Professionally registered.
- 15 years plus experience in municipal engineering services, contracts, site monitoring.
- Management of a team will be advantageous.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES :
- Personal drive Evidential team working and management - Problem Solving - Initiating Action - Seeking to Improve Personal knowledge
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES :
- Attention to detail - Technical capability - Understanding of technical standard(s) - Project delivery - Familiarity with relevant software
Ability to Manage a technical team
Position Location : Western Cape