Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
IT Project Management - Online Marketing - General Management & Strategy
- Marketing Strategy and Business Development
The Chief Technology Officer ( CTO ) is responsible for managing and providing leadership to the Engineering staff , aligning the technical direction of the company with the vision of the CEO, providing technical writing in support of new business opportunities, and providing technical direction in support of multiple IT projects. The successful candidate will provide leadership in developing technical strategies and provides input into long range business planning from a technical perspective.
Technical Solution Development
- Lead and develop products, including the design/development of proof-of-concepts and implementation of designed products.
- Learn and shape technical opportunities by white paper development, capability briefings, supporting technical presentations to clients, and technical writing in support of proposal efforts.
- Provide solution support to sell IT services, including Software Integration, Software Development, IT Security, Administration, Open Source Technologies, Big Data/Data Analytic, Program/Project Administration, Data Capture & Recovery, Data Storage & Archiving.
- Responsible for the long-range direction of an organization's technology function. Directs the strategic design, acquisition, management, and implementation of an enterprise-wide technology and products.
- Maintains technology standards for the organization.
- Directs the activities necessary to design and develop products as well as ensure the necessary technology infrastructure is running seamlessly, efficiently, and effectively.
- For each client collaborate with all appropriate internal parties to help define client technical goals, develop innovative solutions, set technical objectives, develop plans and timelines, and monitor ongoing technical delivery to ensure effective project execution.
- Provide ongoing and high-level advisory technical services to clients and prospective clients.
- Collaborate with other Management Team members, Project and/or Client Management staff, and/or other management to develop and implement systems and processes to monitor, ensure, and improve technical delivery and client satisfaction. Includes ensuring technical milestones are achieved on-time and within budget.
- Requires Bachelor/Master Degree and at least 15 years of experience leading and managing Engineering staff, including product development.
- Direct experience working within the Federal Government Contracting Environment, and/or other IT services.
- Proven track record of managing and building relationships with new clients and the ability to retain current clients
- A proven track record for delivering and achieving technical project milestones and deliverable on-time and within budget.
- Highly motivated, energetic personality with a proven track-record of managing a successful team
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated mentality; driven at all times to meet and exceed goals
- Excellent in-person presentation skills, relationship building and experience developing technical solutions.
- Ability to work with all levels within the team and across the organization
- Self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Impeccable ethical standards and professional presence
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must have exceptional writing skills and serve as technical writer on proposal efforts
- Understanding of Software-as-a-Service model
- In-depth demonstrated knowledge of Industry - Standard business development, capture and proposal processes with direct experience working for and supporting Federal Government agencies.
- Demonstrated experience working with Senior Government officials at the C-Levels.
- Ability to define project goals and work independently to complete projects while adhering to the established schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with other staff members within IT
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of business organization and management.
- Knowledge of the organization and functions of an information technology business operation.
- Must be highly proficient in problem solving and have strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to interface/communicate professionally with management and other employees.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to handle and meet multiple deadlines and priorities..
- Ability to use word processing, databases and spreadsheet programs; preferably MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Project.