We are looking for a CTO who is hands-on and has strong experience in the tech domain of eCommerce/consumer application space. The person will build and grow the tech team as the company grows.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Chief Technology Officer's role is to assure the timely development and successful execution of the company's product during the initial phases of growth.
- This requires envisioning the company's service offerings as a mobile/web-based business, developing back end processing server, coordinating its handshake with the front end client and planning for risk and growth.
- He/ she will lead the product development from a technical standpoint and design the technical architecture, create and deliver specifications for software development and requirements for systems integration
- He/ she should have led end to end development of at least one web application/ mobility product that has been released and used by consumers / corporates.
- He/ she brings a deep understanding of multiple mobile application platforms and web development languages to suggest and provide the creative solution approach/ direction for specific business requirements
- He/ she will be responsible for end to end development and deployment of online presence of the organization (front end & back end)
Strategy & Planning :
- In partnership with the company's founders, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company's services as a web-based business
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company's services
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Develop, track, and control the development and deployment annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations
- Own up the design, development, integration and unit testing efforts for the product
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization's investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company's technological vision, opportunities, and challenges
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements
- Expertise in managing and directing website technical structure, design & aesthetics, navigation, information architecture, performance
- Good understanding of complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- B.Tech in Computer Science from one of the premier IITs.
- 5-10 years experience in technology with the last role being a CTO in a mobile commerce/eCommerce/consumer internet firm i.e. Google, Amazon, Flipkart, SnapDeal (preferred)
- Ability to design a technology architecture solution that will power apps on various mobile platforms such as Android, iOS and Windows and include API integration with multiple retailer systems
- Ability to manage the development lifecycle of mobile apps to ensure the delivery of highly secure solutions that are optimized for performance and built to scale
- Experience in managing the development and release of apps through App Store and Play Store
- Experience in managing mobile apps with 100k+ downloads
- Experience in leading engineering teams of 30+ engineers
- A genuine passion for coding and technology
- A self-starter with a desire to work in a highly entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Combination of cash and equity (commensurate with skills and capabilities).