Responsible for overall operations and business development for each vertical
Reporting: Chairman and Board members
Reportees: Vice President - Vertical(s), Chief Financial Officer, Departmental Heads, Senior Management (as desired)
A graduate with Post graduation in Business management program, Professional courses like CA/ICWA/ICS or equivalent
Preferred candidates: From IIM, IIT, XLRI, ISB, Symbiosis & other premier Tier-1 B Schools with strong knowledge of Management concepts / Finance & Accounts / Sales & Marketing/ Operations and related functions.
Experience: Should have worked with top MNCs as COO, CEO, CXO, Directors or equivalent and strong track record of success through revenue turnaround and change management.
* Anchors all operational activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the organization.
* To Ensure performance targets are clearly laid down for the business as well as for the top executives of the organization
* Participate in the development and preparation of short -- term and long -- term plans, goals and budgets based upon broad organization goals and objectives. Make informed recommendations to the Management & Board.
* As a true business partner to the group and the board, assess organizational performance against the annual budget and group's long & short - term strategy
* To build strong brand image in the market as well as in the society by ensuring highest standards of quality in the work executed.
* Serve as a member of executive leadership team. Represent as member of the board to discuss and deliver commercial, market and operational reviews, strategic studies and business plan reviews.
* To Review, assess and recommend enhancements to the current status of the strategy on a periodical basis
* Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical) for the growth & development of the organization and group companies.
* Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., expansion, asset acquisition, diversification and etc).
* Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors etc).
* Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with company strategic plan, especially as the organization considers sponsorships, potential acquisitions, and collaborations with external organizations
* Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
* Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analysis to provide insight into the organization's operations and business plans
* Assists the management in the development & achievement of the organization's goals through proper systems, procedure & policies in all respects. Taking organization to the next level with proper guidance / inputs to the Management & the board.
* Provides daily operational leadership to assigned business units, including resource allocation, expense management and educational programs for new and experienced associates.
* Responsible of operations, people, financial performance, and growth of the functions as well as the other business units. To achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria
* Direct development and implementation of processes, procedures and controls, promote communication and adequate information flow, in order to consolidate management control and organization's direction
* Evolve and establish standard operating policies consistent with the Management's broad policies and objectives and oversee proper implementation of the same.
* Appraise and evaluate the results of the overall organization regularly and systematically, and reports the results to the management and board.
* Develop and maintain a sound plan of organization structure, business imperatives and vision
* Design and execute commercial analysis e.g. market sizing, market driver analysis, business model analysis, competitive benchmarking, etc.
* Design and execute financial analysis (including high level modeling capability) to support development of strategic insights.
* Ensure all regulatory and statutory compliances are met on time with governmental regulations and corporate laws governing business operations. Build good rapport with all external bodies related to business.
* Develop business cases and business plans underpinned by robust financial analysis in support of strategic initiatives. And Lead work-stream and analysis on engagements and take responsibility for small teams when required.
* Responsible for periodical review of Sales team on their planned vs. actual achievement.
* Responsible for periodical review of Engineering team on structure completion, on time delivery, timely execution of milestones & on time execution of pre launch activities.
* Responsible for periodical review of Marketing team on their marketing and branding initiatives (both online & offline)
* Responsible for periodical review of customer care team on the satisfaction level of the customers and brand loyalty.
* Responsible for periodical review of collection team on their Target vs. achievement.
* Responsible for periodical review of allied functions as well.
* To co-ordinate with statutory auditors and organize the audit and bring out audited accounts in time as per the requirement of the management.
* Co-ordinate with each of the departments and verticals to prepare the annual budget and reports for budgetary control. Analysis and review the statement monthly and quarterly.
* To take necessary remedial/preventive action in case of any weaknesses / deficiencies noticed in the operating procedures, working methods etc.,
* Review and finalize the resource allocation plan for the next year based on the verticals' plans.
* Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization's operations and business plans.
* Review vertical-wise and project-wise monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual profitability & Cash flow statement
* Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by division (vs. budget); Weekly cash flow forecast.
* Develop and maintain capital budget.
* Assist in development of financial planning and analysis exercises/reports.
* Oversee cash, investment, and asset management.
* Ensure statutory and regulatory compliance regarding all group organizations.
* Defining goals, development and implementation of the purchasing strategies for projects and suppliers
* Formulate new strategic objectives as well as co-ordinate for global and forward sourcing
* Review procurement/material manual periodically
* Monitor overall procurement cost, evaluate, decide and implement cost reduction methods identified by self or by sub-ordinates
* Set guidelines for subordinates to follow in terms of purchase price, reorder levels, order quantity, scrap disposal etc.
* Review and approve human resources strategy and policy in alignment with corporate strategy
* Review HR policies and systems including performance management system
* Review Manpower plan for the organization and approve
* Review succession strategy plan.
* Ensure grievances of employees are addressed across the organization according to the systems and policies laid down
* Ensure that the necessary statutory requirements are met in time
* Ensure all the enquiries of auditors with regard to HR audit is attend on time and sorted out.
* Provide motivation and be a role model to the staff and employees of the company
* Review and ensure that functional responsibilities and authority are clearly defined and understood enabling decision making at the lowest practicable level of supervision
* Review the performance of the direct reportees / senior management on a periodic basis
* Identify and recommend learning and development needs of the direct reportees and plan their learning and development and follow up for implementation
* Develop and monitor key performance indicators of the personnel reporting directly and counsel to facilitate their continued development
* Enable the team to perform effectively by delegating/ assisting/ guiding/ counseling/ developing the senior members of the organization
* Monitor the status of employee relations in the Department and initiate pre-emptive action to maintain satisfactory / harmonious employee relations
* Income from Projects and P&L of all the projects, Departments, Organization as a whole.
* To ensure the achievement of targeted net profit margin
* Profitability (EBIT/Income from projects)
* To ensure achievement of the agreed target against approved budget
* Implementation of all engineering planning and monitoring systems
* Implementation of material and sub-contractor management systems
* Ensure completion of projects in time
* Ensure procurement within budget
* Streamlining Finance & Accounts policies and procedures
* Effective funds planning and management
* Cost of funds (Interest and finance charges as a % of revenue)
* Ensuring timely and accurate maintenance of books of accounts.
* Completion of statutory formalities in time
* Identification and reporting risks and providing inputs on risk mitigation
* Finalization of audit on time.