Job Description / Responsibilities:
* Define and articulate the company's vision and develop proper strategy to achieve the same in co-ordination with Board.
* Administer, day to day activities in co-ordination with the General Managers / Functional Heads.
* Preparation and implementation of annual plans that support the strategy direction set by the board together with operating budget / plan
* Develop and monitor strategies to ensure achieving the set business targets year after year.
* Oversee the entire operation of the company and manages its compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
* Work in co-ordination with the Board / Chairman on company's long term strategy issues and growth plans as also to fulfill corporate governance functions and facilitate optimum performance
* Appraise the Board on all important functions influencing the running of the company.
* Ensure cost effectiveness in the operations without compromising on product quality
* To monitor and take care of all technical aspects particularly with respect to R&D Native, Recombinant and Cell Culture as well as production activities.
* To ensure quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, system and procedures and regular evaluation
* To ensure a work environment that recruits, retain and support quality staff and in the process assume development and motivation of staff and create a proper system to report the same to Board.
* To develop future leadership within the company and develop and promote a culture which reflect the company's value system.
Desired profile of the candidate:
The ideal candidate should be a systems' thinker who is customer focused and goal driven. He / she should be action oriented and innovative and capable of translating broad goals into achievable steps. He/She should be a self-starter and team player.
The candidate should have a minimum of 20-25 years' experience in a senior management position. As chief executive officer, he will demonstrate critical competencies in four broad categories: commitment to results, business savvy, leading change, and motivation.
The candidate should have through knowledge about the R&D and Production of Antigens and Antibodies.
The position requires demonstrated experience in integrating and coordinating diverse areas of management such as; human resources, finance and marketing; oral and written communications; planning and evaluation; and governance besides the technical expertise in diagnostic field.
Some experience in the field of regulatory affairs is preferred. He should consistently displays integrity, models behavior, develops people, and builds teams.
The candidate should be preferably in the age group of 45 to 50. However the age is not a constraint in the case of deserving cases.
Thus the CEO will be one who plans and implements programs, develop smooth and constructive relationship with colleagues outside agencies, institutions and individuals, establish strong and appropriate relationship with Board, internal committees, employees and customers and make rapid decision regarding administrative issues.
PhD in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Life Sciences or Masters Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Life Sciences with an MBA
Minimum Experience - Minimum 20-25 years experience in related field