JD - Category Head -- Casual footwear - RUOSH
* Identify new potential sub Categories within Casual category with an aim of continuous improvement in the Category width and also sellthrus.
* Contributes in development of range architecture based on consumer segment insights, regional requirements, marketplace knowledge, and competitive data .
* Provide timely information on consumer insights and sell thru rates ( Best sellers & worst sellers) to internal teams as required.
* Ensure product lines are as per the seasonality and market trends.
* Timely delivery of product samples with assistance of design team to demonstrate ideas / concepts to assist in decision making of the Merchandising head.
* Sourcing new suppliers to ensure product portfolio is developed in a cost effective manner as per Merchandising teams requirement.
* Negotiation on all supplier rates to ensure the best possible price and in line with budget, while maintaining quality and consistency of the products at optimum levels shortlisted.
* Negotiate favourable lead times with suppliers for identified products.
* Work closely with the sourcing and design team to ensure a healthy infusion of new product propositions and tweaking and enhancing the CORE articles as well.
Expectations you will bring:
* Min 6-8 years of merchandising experience for leading brands / or handled pvt label in a retailer having managed complex sourcing portfolios and products. Specifically s/he will have.
* Experience in footwear buying or working with manufacturers / brands / retailers.
* Experience in managing and negotiating with vendors across category.
* Experienced merchandiser/manager from leading brands or Offline retailers
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Ability to work well with others at varying organizational levels.
* Adaptable and collaborative working style that is comfortable within a high energy, action oriented culture.
* Delivery focused with strong problem solving and organizational skills - ability to manage multiple tasks.
* You would be Self-Driven - self-motivated and committed to work hard towards goals. Are proactive in seizing business opportunities
* Analytical Bent - Makes systematic and rational judgments based on information and relevant assumptions.
* Customer Focus Keeps a strong customer focus when making decisions.
* Resilience - Maintains effective work behavior in the face of pressure and setbacks. Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions