Client is looking to hire a Business Head for its Hotels and Packages business. This person would head-up the SBU and be responsible for P&L of the business unit.
The responsibilities would include:
- Defining the product roadmap for the business and delivery of the same through cross-functional leadership of Product Managers, Tech, QA and Design
- Product definition in terms of workflows, integration with bus booking flows, feature definition, funnel optimization and conversion rate improvements across Web, Apps and Agent platforms.
- Working with external partners (primarily goibibo but also other inventory channels) to ensure breadth and depth of inventory supply for Hotels, Packages, Cabs etc.
- Deploying marketing budgets and working with customer acquisition and brand marketing teams to meet marketing and business objectives
- Working with Customer Support & Operations team for smooth handling of support issues.
- Responsible for product metrics (incoming traffic, conversion rates) and business metrics (GMV, Revenue and EBIDTA)
- This role would report into the CEO
- As the business scales, a small team of PMs and Product Ops would report into this position.
- The person occupying this position would be working with teams in Tech, UX, Customer Support and
- Marketing dedicated to this business but reporting into their functional/department heads.
Skills & Competencies required:
- Proficient in Product Development (writing user stories, product specs), PDLC and Product Management (driving usage, optimization etc.) on both Web and Apps
- Good understanding of driving traffic and/or app downloads - SEO, ASO, deep linking etc.
- Exposure to customer acquisition through paid channels such as SEM, Networks & Affiliates
- Strong data analysis capabilities and experience with Web and App analytics tools and working knowledge of basic statistics
- Business acumen to appreciate how all aspects of business come together and understanding levers for business growth and profitability
- Comfort with ambiguity and with working on a MVP mode with fast iterations
- While the role would enjoy a good amount of autonomy, the person needs to have good influencing skills and be adept at working and delivering through teams without explicit reporting relationships
Opportunities for Growth:
- Be associated with one of the most exciting start-ups in the Indian internet space, with solid business fundamental and strong investor/owner (Naspers)
- Work with a set of bright, high caliber individuals in an open culture that is fun, friendly and non-hierarchical
Ideal candidate profile:
- Engineer with Software Development experience + MBA, preferably both from Tier 1 institutes
- Hands-on product development experience of 5-6 years in B2C internet business
- Experience of working on Apps and E commerce would be an added advantage