Position - AML Technology Senior Business Analyst
- This position leads the requirements development for applying Big Data technology to satisfy Cards AML business needs. Defines and documents internal and external user interfaces and supports system and data requirement clarification and definition.
- Also, act as the liaison among internal stakeholders to analyze, document, communicate and validate business and system requirements for EAP platform. In addition, the job will entail working with internal applications and integrating them with the Compliance technologies platform.
- The Senior Business Analyst facilitates Cards AML Transaction Monitoring process implementation via the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of functional business specifications.
- This resource manages the requirements development process through the elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of multiple levels of requirements from an end-to-end perspective and supports the ongoing management of the requirements.
Key Responsibilities :
The requirements and responsibilities for all aspects of the role include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with little supervision. Self motivated and able to take the initiative to work closely with stakeholders.
- Direct the requirements development for applying technology to satisfy business needs.
- Elicit functional requirements using business requirement document, interviews, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, tasks and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details
- The business analyst will work closely with the work stream manager, key business stakeholders and technology to define and implement business requirements, functional specifications, operational process documents, project plans and weekly status update, as well as testing implementations and to record, track and help resolve test issues.
- Develop, maintain and perform processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity in platform applications
- Create and maintain workflows, approval processes, and validation rules based on internal stakeholder requirements
- Define and document internal and external user interfaces and support system and data
requirement clarification and definition.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the needed artifacts (i.e., functional requirements, business requirements document, use cases, GUI and screen and Interface designs).
- Troubleshoot, in an organized fashion, by breaking down issues into components in order to solve the problem
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Work directly with and serve as the liaison between business units, technology teams and supportteams.
- Assist in quality assurance and defining testing strategy and risks. Provide significant contributions in the testing and debugging of new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with business unit personnel to identify required changes and communicate information to development team.
- Develop functional specifications and system design specifications.
- Deliver informative, well-organized presentations.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of ICG, GCB and Regional product processors, and backend Data Marts.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills :
- 5-10 years of experience in Business Analysis with AML related functions including: process definition, management and monitoring, release management, web experience, database, XML, XSL and/or requirement definition
- Proven analytical/technical aptitude evidenced by 5 or more years of successful experience in a quantitative role
- Preferred from Captive BFSI Companies only
- Extensive experience working with delivery teams spread across many countries and time zones.
- Prior experience in the field of AML Transaction Monitoring or other major Compliance functions is desirable
- Strong communications skills, including presentations to senior management
- Strong background in integrating different technologies, distributed component development and knowledge of industry standard frameworks.
- Candidate should have excellent communication and written skills.
- Must be a good team player and should be able to collaborate with multiple teams in diverse locations during project execution
- Teamwork-focused/collaborative work style
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully on large projects
- Problem solving skills evidenced by demonstrated results in past positions
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
- Bachelor's in computer science, information technology or related field. Masters a plus