Who are we looking for:
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to implement, optimize algorithms on big data infrastructure. This role is ideal for candidates who have good implementation knowledge of HortonWork Hadoop, Text mining/analytics, and Berkley Analytic Stack (AmpLab)
As an integral part of the Application Development team responsible for building our ontology platform using primarily open source tools, the Senior Software Engineer will innovate and lead the design and implementation. The ideal candidate will possess a strong development background and relevant experience with search engines, ontology stack, and personalization to support the new BA Research Platform. The position will also be responsible for evaluating and recommending technologies and offering creative ideas to support the business. The incumbent should be passionate about learning new skills with a desire to take on challenging projects related to the development and enhancement of middle tier code, back-end or front-end systems and core services
What we want you to do:
* Understand customer business use cases and be able to translate them to analytical data applications and models with a vision on how to implement.
* Apply quantitative, analytical, and creative skills to design, develop, and test projects.
* Design, develop, and test applications for text processing, such as name or entity matching, text categorization/routing, named-entity extraction, sentiment analysis and Graph analysis.
* Identify enhancements that can help to improve the productivity of the team and to improve the precision and recall scores for the categories
What we think you need to do this
* 3+ Year Core skillsets include semantic technologies (RDF,OWL ), knowledge representation, natural language processing, Text Mining, search algorithm development and development in Java / J2EE / Scala.
* 2+ years' experience with Big Data Store such as HBASE, MongoDB, SOLR.
* Good understanding and implementation of graph analytics and graph algorithm.
* Experience with Big Data execution using Hadoop / HortonWorks.
* Experience with text mining using GATE, UIMA, Stanford NLP.
* Good Knowledge of indices such Elastic Search will be plus.
* Good Knowledge of real time data streaming and offline data Streaming.