Essential functions of this position include the following:
* Work closely with the Sales Manager and the Sales and Marketing Director in creating and executing sales goals.
* Maintain and increase the dialysis business base to achieve 100% of sales plan.
* Call on Physicians, Dialysis Administrators, Nurses, Technicians, Materials Managers and any other individuals who may be an essential part of the sales decision making process.
* Prospect and qualify territory for new leads through sales calls in person and over the telephone.
* Maintain relationships with internal departments, i.e., Sales and Marketing, Technical Services, Customer Service, etc.
* Participate in professional conferences on a national and local level.
* Develop competitive, creative proposals to offer to customers.
* Conduct product trials and coordinate in-services for clinical staff.
* Communicate comprehensive territory reports to management as directed.
* Maintain an awareness of competitive activity with regard to pricing and sales techniques employed
To be considered for this position, candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree in a related field with 6+ years experience in sales in dialysis products or other devices; related training in selling and negotiating; knowledge of dialysis products and services, as well as competitors and their products; technical knowledge of equipment and knowledge of therapy applications; understanding of the industry structure; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; initiate projects and tasks with minimal direction; and make decisions independently, sometimes without many facts available, to solve a customer problem or concern.