Key Result Areas:
I. Explore and identify potential business opportunities for GCD II. Detailed business case evaluation and presentation
III. Support implementation of Business Development Plan
1. Preliminary scanning & short-listing of business opportunity & to improve the performance by way of opening up new lines of business or new products & services so as to meet the ABP/SBP/10X10 growth targets.
2. Evaluate the key sectors in the Construction & Real Estate Industry that would help increase the business volumes of GCD.
3. Interact with key leaders in the industry to help evaluate the pros & cons of the new lines of business, new products/ services that would help enhance the business volumes while meeting its committed profitability targets.
4. Carry out preliminary techno-commercial evaluation for presenting and justifying the business case.
5. To undertake a detail study of the opportunities and risks associated with the proposed line of business that has received a primary approval for business case justification.
6. Detailed Market Research using internal and external resources.
7. Prepare a comprehensive project report to justify the investment for the proposed line of business with the help of cross-functional internal teams and presentation of the same to Top management.
8. Support the concerned business teams and enabling functions for evolving a detailed planning of development methodology, successful deployment and commissioning and stabilization of the venture to meet the business deliverables as per the business plans approved by the Top Management.
9. Marketing activities for the various businesses existing of GCD and for the approved new businesses/ products & services. These marketing initiatives include project brochures, exhibitions, advertisements, media, etc.
10. Ensuring compliance to corporate policies, guidelines and various initiatives. The initiatives include; Business Excellence, Integrated Management Systems for Quality, OHS and Environment, Kaizens, Good & Green Initiatives.
11. Ensuring compliance's with regard to Safety, Environment and other statutory and regulatory aspects.
12. Developing a team of people through appropriately recruiting, coaching, mentoring and guidance on the job as well as through external programs.
Essential: Bachelor in Civil Engineering or Bachelor in Architecture
Preferred: Post-Graduation in Management
REQUISITE WORK EXPERIENCE:
12 years with at least 4 years in a Senior Management Position managing similar type of work assignments in the Construction Industry
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Strong interpersonal skills and networking capabilities
Effective presentation skills
Speed and flexibility in action
Agility and drive in business activities