1. Lead a growing Accounting shared services team.
2. Serve as head of Accounting and partnering with the Corporate Accounting Team to build and manage the execution of 3-5 year strategic plan for service delivery and compliance
3. Provide guidance to HQ for best practices in Accounting shared service
4. Collaborate and effectively manage relationship with Head of Global Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Global Accounting Teams to align on outcomes, deliver on deadlines, manage projects and inform on challenges faced
5. Recruit strong team of professionals and manage turnover below industry benchmarks
6. Ongoing resource planning to ensure that Clients Accounting has the rights number of staffing resources in place with the right skill sets.
7. Manage, coach and develop a growing team of Accounting professionals.
8. Ensure execution of key objectives of global Accounting team, including accuracy and timeliness of key tasks
9. Manage transition of global Accounting compliance processes from global business units to shared service center
10. Ensure all Accounting process transitions and delivery from follow a well-defined methodology including defined and measurable SLAs
11. Ensure high quality services, meeting global stakeholders expectations with optimum resource utilization for maximum service quality
12. Ensure close interaction with global offices and regional shared service centers to understand requirements and deliver services accordingly
13. Manage outcomes with a strong customer focus, strong business partnership, engaging local markets/teams during the month, effective outreach to develop understanding of business units supported
14. Liaise with external consultants for statutory audits
15. Develop useful and validated KPIs, metrics for performance, productivity and service delivery
16. Review of Accounting process delivery, including but not restricted to, for the following:
a. Maintain and Review of General Ledger accounts and related activities for the preparation of financial statements.
b. General Accounting, prepare and review of journal entries and accounting classifications, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles.
c. Support Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Intercompany related accounting / reporting.
d. Streamline accounting processes by preparing and updating Standard Operating Procedures.
e. Reconcile, analyze and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month end close.
f. Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
g. Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
h. Support compliance and adherence with central/federal, state, local financial/legal requirements.
i. Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
j. Support compliance with accounting standards and policies, as well as compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
k. Finance systems SOD reviews.
l. Support statutory audit and coordinate the audit process.
m. Participate and contribute in Continuous Improvement initiatives (Lean or Six Sigma or Kaizen)
Work Experience (Years, setting, etc.)
- 10-15 years of Accounting experience
- Leadership experience in outsourcing (shared services) a must
- Leading process transitions from onshore to offshore locations
- Strong knowledge of best practice Accounting processes
- Strong knowledge U.S. GAAP a must
- Experience in multinational company a must
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CA or CPA a must
Major Skills (Technical & soft skills)
- SAP FICO experience essential
- Leadership/People Management experience a must
- Exceptional analytical skills a must
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with other members of the finance team and across the global organization
- Managing through ambiguity, working with diverse teams, change agent and consistent execution on deliverables
- Team work and must be able to work within a collaborative and matrix environment
- Rigor, reliability, good professional maturity
- Customer service oriented
- Problem Solver, Process Minded
- Adaptability to a multicultural environment
- Ability to effectively lead change management and process definition
- Self-motivation, passion and drive for results
- Strong transition management, solutions design and service delivery experience
- Expertise in Continuous Improvement Tools (Lean or Six Sigma or Kaizen) preferred
- Excellent command over the English language (both verbal and written) with ability to articulate succinctly and clearly
Key Core Competencies
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving