Primary responsibilities include:
* Manage the Enterprise Architecture Practice, provide the thought-leadership to the practice and lead the team of architects across multiple technology & functional domains
* Work closely with presales and solution engineers, vendor partners and the customers to create well-conceptualized & coordinated response to RFPs and proactive solution architecture proposals
* Strategic evolution and management of existing IT architectures including system / application development / integration concepts, tools including definition of the domains for use, and setting and enforcing governance standards
* Ensuring the practice remainscurrent on key architecture evolutions in the IT industry, especially with the company's strategic technology partners
* Ability to translate innovations into technology concepts within the structure or processes of the organization by leveraging standard frameworks / patterns
* Building relationship across the various IT departments/stakeholders and collaborateon the agreed architectures for execution of the program / project
* Knowledge of Healthcare Payer and Provider businesses including various IT systems like Benefits Admin System, Claims Adjudication and Management system, Claims Processing Engines, Health Information Exchanges, Accountable Care Organizations, (ACO's), Care Management Solutions etc.
Qualifications & Experience:
* In-depth knowledge and experience of Java and .NET architectures - expertise in both is highly desirable as is in-depth knowledge and experience with other architectures and disciplines that are currently significant in the IT industry including aspects such as SOA, Web 2.0, Cloud, Mobile, Social, System Integration, Agile Development, etc.
* Minimum of 15 years of experience with at least 5 years leading technology teams within large IT organizations preferably in healthcare related to payer businesses
* Structured and methodical with solid understanding of various standardization approaches (e.g. CMMI, Six Sigma, ITIL)
* An understanding of various architectural frameworks (e.g. TOGAF I Zachman) and experience in adopting these within an IT organization.
* A proven technology and business background in a large to mid-sized complex multi-division corporate environment including experience in delivering a technology platform with embedded high performance, quality metrics, security, and service standards
* Actively managed multiple complex systems implementation projects --Enterprise Architecture, SOA and Cloud experience is desirable with an understanding of HIPAA security requirements
* Ability to work with multiple business constituencies and is able to balance resources and ensure alignment of technology strategy with the business vision
* A results-driven leader who has led a substantial IT organization through significant transformation and has delivered world-class service delivery and business operating results
* Experience in working with large scale healthcare RFPs, solution architecture, and working with Presales in customer acquisition areas