- Manage team of analysts and data specialists to ensure provision of consistent, relevant data insights to support the most important business needs via accurate reporting, dashboards, analysis and custom built tools as needed.
- Oversee the ongoing data management including the development and operations of a business intelligence architecture that enables fact-based decision making, ad hoc analysis and insight generation.
- Assist customers in evaluation and articulation of their analytical reporting and performance management needs and effectively translates those needs into solutions.
- Ensures team is proactive in identifying potential project risks/issues and coordinate with management across multiple groups to establish mitigation and action plans.
- Partner with IT and takes an active role in sourcing, organizing, maintaining and ultimately democratizing data through the development of innovative tools, dashboards and well-organized databases.
- Responsible for delivering self-service tools and training to maximize organizational self-empowerment and self-sufficiency.
- Monitor industry trends and implement best practices to improve in-house capabilities.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining partnerships and synergies with other information and analytics teams, including but not limited to Finance and Corporate Research.
- Establish a data stewardship methodology, documenting a repeatable set of processes for determining, investigating and resolving data quality issues. Establish an on-going process for maintaining quality data, and define data quality audit procedures.
- Provide guidance to HQ for best practices in initiating commercial analytics shared service center in Mumbai
- Ensure execution of key objectives of commercial analytics shared service center, including accuracy and timeliness of key tasks
- Utilize established processes, or create new processes, for key functions
- Manage transition of activities from business units to shared service center.
- Lead a growing team of diverse analytics professionals
- Recruit strong team of professionals and manage turnover below industry benchmarks
- Ensure high quality services, resulting in global employee satisfaction and optimum resource utilization for
maximum service quality
- Ensure close interaction with global offices to understand requirements and customize services accordingly
- Some travel to HQ in U.S. required.
Work Experience (Years, setting, etc.)
- 10+ to 15 years in Business Intelligence reporting, Data Management and/or Business System experience;
preferably in Healthcare or Life Sciences industry
- Experience in leading and developing teams with proven track record on people management
- Experience in Outsourcing (Shared Services) required
- Experience in leading solution designing from onshore to offshore locations
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering or relevant analytical discipline
MBA is mandatory
- Phd in Mathematics or Statistics Preferred
Major Skills (Technical & soft skills)
- Data management skills using Omniture, Google Analytics, Access and SQL is preferred
- Advanced Excel skills, including complex spreadsheets, pivot tables and data manipulation
- Ability to partner and consult with both business and technical stakeholders at all levels
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills a must with solid command over English language
- Team work and ability to work within a collaborative and matrix environment
- Rigor, reliability, good professional maturity and relationship management skills
- Strong solutions design and service delivery experience
- Leadership/People Management experience a must and Adaptability to a multicultural environment
High attention to detail coupled with ability