. Lead a growing Accounting team in Mumbai
2. Serve as head of Accounting for Mumbai, partnering with the Corporate Accounting Team to build and manage the execution of 3-5 year strategic plan for service delivery and compliance
3. Provide guidance to HQ for best practices in Accounting
4. Collaborate and effectively manage relationship with Head of Global Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Global Accounting Teams to align on outcomes, deliver on deadlines, manage projects and inform on challenges faced
5. Recruit strong team of professionals and manage turnover below industry benchmarks
6. Ongoing resource planning to ensure that Accounting has the rights number of staffing resources in place with the right skill sets.
7. Manage, coach and develop a growing team of Accounting professionals.
8. Ensure execution of key objectives of global Accounting team, including accuracy and timeliness of key tasks
9. Manage transition of global Accounting compliance processes from global business units to centre
10. Ensure all Accounting process transitions and deliveries from follow a well-defined methodology including defined and measurable SLAs
11. Ensure high quality services, meeting global stakeholders' expectations with optimum resource utilization for maximum service quality
12. Ensure close interaction with global offices and regional centres to understand requirements and deliver services accordingly
13. Manage outcomes with a strong customer focus, strong business partnership, engaging local markets/teams during the month, effective outreach to develop understanding of business units supported
14. Liaise with external consultants for statutory audits
15. Develop useful and validated KPIs, metrics for performance, productivity and service delivery
16. Review of Accounting process delivery, including but not restricted to, for the following:
a. Maintain and Review of General Ledger accounts and related activities for the preparation of financial statements.
b. General Accounting, prepare and review of journal entries and accounting classifications, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles.
c. Support Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Intercompany related accounting / reporting.
d. Streamline accounting processes by preparing and updating Standard Operating Procedures.
e. Reconcile, analyze and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month end close.
f. Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
g. Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
h. Support compliance and adherence with central/federal, state, local financial/legal requirements.
i. Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
j. Support compliance with accounting standards and policies, as well as compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
k. Finance systems SOD reviews.
l. Support statutory audit and coordinate the audit process.
m. Participate and contribute in Continuous Improvement initiatives (Lean or Six Sigma or Kaizen)
- 10-12 years of Accounting experience
- Leadership experience in outsourcing a must
- Leading process transitions from onshore to offshore locations
- Strong knowledge of best practice Accounting processes
- Strong knowledge U.S. GAAP a must
- Experience in multinational company a must
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CA or CPA a must