Act as advisory on indirect taxes such as Service tax, Central Excise, Customs duty, VAT, benefits/ incentives available under the Foreign Trade Policy etc on proposed transactions/ agreements and drafting of replies to show cause notices (SCN)
Due diligence reviews from the indirect tax perspective
Litigation review from indirect tax perspective
Analyse overall indirect tax implications on the proposed business structures
Determine tax costs associated with each of the options in light of various applicable levies such as Customs duty, Central Excise duty, Service tax, VAT, CST, tax incentive schemes
Review agreements and suggest amendments to the contracts in order to mitigate indirect tax exposures
Advise on entitlement to benefits/ incentives under the Foreign Trade policy such as EPCG/ Duty drawbacks etc.
Ongoing compliances under the Service tax, VAT and CST on Pan India basis such as computation of tax liability, availability of Cenvat/ input tax credit, filing of returns and handling sales tax/ VAT assessments
1. Must have excellent and depth knowledge of Indirect Taxation - Central Excise, Service Tax, Customs, VAT and Foreign Trade Policy Rules and Regulations.
2. Should be excellent in legal interpretations of above mentioned laws and able to explain the case to the lawyers.
3. Conversant in working with SAP, Excel Power point and M.S. office.
4. Leading and coordinating the planning and management of assignments - pricing, billing and recovery, maximizing fee opportunities - with guidance from the Partner.
5. Develop sound value based solutions and apply technical knowledge in delivery of complex solutions to clients.
6. Understand macro and strategic issues on client engagements.
7. Develop specialized competence and begin to attract recognition within own service line as a technical resource for that specialization.
8. Participate in own Service line teams or special projects across the firm.
9. Creating/ managing independent relationships with clients and building broad networks within the firm locally and internationally.
10. Contribute to firm s profitability by generating additional work from existing clients and supporting in selling new client proposals.
11. Expands opportunities with existing clients, identifies and acts on referrals in relation to the Service Line.
12. Providing perspective to clients on trends and emerging practices in the local and global market in relation to client s operations.
13. Is involved in developing new products, services and delivery methods linked to the area of specialization.
14. Responsible for handling straightforward risk management issues and progressively taking on greater risk management responsibility while ensuring compliance to risk management strategies, plans and activities.
15. Strong contribution to knowledge sharing efforts. Improving processes so that the team and firm capture and leverage knowledge.
16. Proactively taking up a leadership role, working in cross service line engagements, mentor and coach team members and help in resolving people issues of the group.
Skills Required -
1. Good commercial acumen
2. Good interpersonal and networking skills
3. Strong marketing and business development skills.
4. Strong leadership skills [creates high performance climate; serves as a role model, mentor, coach]
5. Strong analytical ability, logical and problem solving approach on complex issues.
6. In depth understanding of competition and competitor strategies.
7. Technical competence in Tax and also the industry/ specialized field.
Note: Candidate Must have Big4 experience