We are looking for a Retail Director of one of our client based in Bangalore. Biggest company in Apparel segment in India.
Education: MBA from top 10 B schools (2002 - 2004 Batch Only)
Key Result Area:
1. Build and execute the Retail Business Strategy
* Design an integrated strategy for the business in line with Brand positioning and Brand Promise
* Set medium term targets and short term milestones to appraise the progress in line with the long term strategy
* Integrate the various departments of retail, buying & merchandising, VM and projects under a common plan and strategy
* Facilitate the team by providing required resources (i.e allocated budgets, manpower and skills) to achieve the targets
* Monitor performances and intervene/ guide in case of deviations
* Analyze variances caused by changing Market dynamics
* Revisit strategy in light of changed business dynamics
* Ensure that all departments work in sync with the brand's vision and long term targets.
2. Enhance financial health of the retail business
* Ensure retail top-line and bottom-line are met/ exceeded
* Identify key business drivers and monitor performance against each
* Monitor the performance of new stores
* Adhere to the EBO expansion plans
* Monitor the discount percentage, CBA percentage and retail sellex
* Achieve the budgeted inventory turns of retail and NWC
3. Strengthen brand identity through focused customer engagement and superior brand experience
* Ensure that the brand image is continuously enhanced through appropriate marketing and retail strategy
* Plan and strategize to improve the Power Club Member Base
* Drive CRM activities to Increase Repeat Business from Repeat Consumers
* Deliver & monitor Superior Shopping Experience through programs like mystery shopper
4. To envision the Retail Identity of and formulate strategy to drive the same for superlative consumer experience
* Make the brand come alive across everything that the consumer experiences
* Ensure the store design and VM is in line with the international standards.
* To enhance consumer experience with across various touch points: Retail moments of truth
5. Ensure retail process efficiency
* Adherence to Retail Operating Review System
* Adherence to Retail Identity of Consignment EBOs
* Effectiveness of New Store Launch
* Bringing Value Channel and BNS EBOs at par with Retail Standard
6. Strengthen the brand presence in new market segments and geographies to create significantly larger value for the business
* Continuously monitor competition and market activities of all domestic and international brands
* Evaluate new market opportunities and create entry strategies and monitor implementation
7. To ensure that all merchandise buying is as per the brand identity and relevant to all current and future target audiences.
* Create appropriate processes to ensure that the merchandise is relevant and in line with brand identity.
* Review current merchandise architecture of brand, review benchmark / inspirational brands and trends. Use these inputs to facilitate the design brief and evaluate the output.
* Work at moving each product category into an independent brand
8. Create and monitor implementation of all retail processes so as to create efficient and effective execution
* Ensure all team members are adequately trained in retail business processes
* Create a strong culture of process adherence so that retail team becomes process oriented
9. Team management
* Play the vital role of holding the teams together so that each team works towards the common goal
* Provide direction, motivation and empowerment to the people in the team. Retention of people is key objective
* Build leadership bench for all critical positions
* Focus on competency development and adequate recognition across levels
* To increase people engagement by improvement in OHS and Q12 score