This is a very dynamic and evolving function with a significant transformational element. This person will lead the Derivatives and FX confirmation and/or settlement teams providing coverage for global functions.
-E2E of FX payments, Drafts, collections
- Be the go-to person for all matters pertaining to the function like payments, reconciliation, investigations related to FX/Retail Payments
- Good understanding of SWIFT, exotic currencies flow (CNY, KRW, TWD, BRL, COP etc)
- Breaks management and control oversight
- Partner with the other regional teams to help move this team into a true global service model
- Pro-actively challenge the status quo, identify and drive change to improve upon the current model
- Inject governance, reporting and transparency into the day to day activities
- Negotiate delicate decision points around the function using a commercial, control and pragmatic mind-set
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
Previous FX and/or payment operations experience covering multiple functions
Familiarity with markets products and offering related to Retail FX and Payments
Previous client facing skills ideally with an operational context
Delivery focussed, driven to improve
Partnership and communication skills
Presentation skills, able to summarise messages
Strong assertiveness, listening, influencing and diplomacy skills.
Ability to run effective meetings
Competent with MS products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.