AVP - Credit Risk Reporting for a leading captive in Chennai Location.
Team Description: Offshore
The team is responsible for supporting Commercial & Private Customer Franchises (CPB), delivering high quality risk MI to support internal and external reporting requirements. The team offers expertise in analysing and reporting new lending activity, problem management trends and emerging risk concentrations.
Within Credit Risk Reporting, Risk Reports Delivery (RRD) delivers high quality Credit Risk Reporting, with informed analysis of the key risks and issues across the Commercial Banking business. Our ability to provide insight and understanding ultimately helps senior management and the executive to manage risk whilst delivering our strategic objectives.
RRD plays an important part of Risk Infrastructure's role in driving change and managing risk. We are looking for a talented and ambitious individual who can help contribute to the successful delivery of our key roles and responsibilities and support the risk community.
* Deliver timely and accurate regular reporting activities.
* Effectively manage resource to ensure key responsibilities are delivered within agreed deadlines.
* Challenge and improve existing processes to increase effectiveness and generate on-going capacity
* Support the delivery of Credit Risk Analysis across key risk metrics within CPB portfolio.
* Manage and drive continuous improvement activities to support an optimal report delivery strategy.
* Support the delivery of adhoc MI and analysis to meet a variety of strategic activities for both internal and external audiences.
* Help deliver new and existing Board reporting enhancements, working with stakeholders and the wider Credit Risk Reporting team.
* Ensure suitable approaches are followed to control the quality of MI being published, including the use of peer reviews and data validation techniques.
* Provide development opportunities through regular engagement, ensuring that all staff is aware of the opportunities available in order to help them succeed within their role.
* Effective people management by providing the platform and tools to promote individual and team growth.
Experience - Personal Behaviors and Skills:
* Highly numerate, with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* The ability to collaborate across a broad range of key stakeholders to build effective working relationships. Able to influence and gain trust at business and senior management levels.
* Strong planning and organization skills, with a proven ability to priorities own workload, and that of a team, efficiently and effectively.
* Proven record of working within or alongside key activities/projects, delivering enhanced stakeholder value and optimal business solutions.
* An ability to lead a team who extract, understand and interpret data and communicate this to senior audiences.
* Excellent attention to detail with experience of ensuring the delivery of high quality outputs / service.
* A proactive approach to continuously improving process and procedures, and looks beyond the accepted way of doing things.
Experience - People Management:
* The ability to lead by example, provides direction when required, and maintain a highly motivated team with a common understanding of the requirements and goals of the department.
* Manage service levels and processes, ensuring staff ownership of business needs and full understanding of the value of excellent customer service.
* Some experience of managing/leading individuals, with the ability to recognize individual strengths to effectively meet team objectives.
* Identify talent and create opportunities for learning and advancement.
* The ability to diagnose under-performers effectively by identify root cause, analyzing ability and addressing it by applying right measures.
Experience - Knowledge and Technical Skills:
* Sound awareness of general banking principles
* Minimum 10 years of overall experience, 5 years of risk management and at least 5 years of people management experience.
* Able to identify issues and interpret trends from diverse / complex information sources and communicate this to diverse stakeholders.
* Capable of understanding how factors can affect the banking sector to help identify emerging risks.
* Knowledge of supporting risk data, systems and applications.
* Excellent data manipulation/Reporting skills, including the ability to utilize data extraction tools. Strong knowledge of SAS, , SQL or similar programming language would be an advantage.
* Strong PC skills including the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.