- The primary function of Product Control is to work closely with all business stakeholders in achieving the objectives of the firm, in compliance with all relevant regulations and reporting requirements.
Daily Responsibilities :
- Review daily P&L, including understanding risk positions and market moves for P&L explanation, and review of flash vs formal differences.
- Engage in detailed discussion with traders and risk managers on risk positions and P&L.
- Ensure that the team's KPI and SLA are met.
- Attend to ad hoc queries from the traders and other infrastructure partners relating to trading revenue and Balance Sheet.
Weekly / Monthly Responsibilities :
- Review key weekly & monthly MIS to senior management.
- Gain in-depth understanding of provisioning and price testing controls and processes, and review the month end working.
- Engage in detailed discussion with traders, risk managers and Independent Valuation Control team on the results. Liaise with valuation expert on modelling appropriateness and other technical/booking issues.
- Perform detailed review of month end adjustments, and Balance Sheet substantiation
- Providing strong leadership to Finance staff and act as a coach to communicate and achieve the Finance objectives and vision.
- Promote and facilitate the application of Finance policies and procedures across the teams by monitoring adherence to the policies by the various Finance teams and ensuring in particular that they remain fully compliant with all finance regulatory/statutory requirements.
Working experience :
- 7-10 years of product control experience in a top tier investment bank.
- Audit exposure in large financial institutions / banks preferred