* To assume responsibility for business delivery.
* To continuously evaluate service quality, service levels and processes to determine newer and more effective delivery mechanism.
* To create an environment that drives learning and knowledge.
* To take decisions / provide decide support on key issues relating to people, process, brokerage policy inputs and risk & control.
* To have regular engagement with stakeholders to share updates, discuss issues and solutions.
* To create a governance methodology for the generation & implementation of process improvements.
* To create respect, trust and transparency within the team.
Key Responsibilities - Provide an outline of the key responsibilities required as part of
Developing and delivering strategic goals
* Strategic Planning: Define and implement the Brokerage Operations strategic plans, across multiple dimensions -- customer offering, revenue, costs, balance sheet, capital and liquidity. Collaborate and partner with executive colleagues across the businesses and the Group to deliver long term value creation. Ensure strategies take account of economic, market and regulatory changes
* Business Model: Ensure the management teams across Brokerage operations functions and regions are set up with unambiguous accountability for front to back ownership of the business.
* Governance: Create and maintain an effective and efficient governance structure across Brokerage operations, based on the principles of "Good Corporate Governance"
Culture: Define, drive and shape the culture of the business to embed strategic goals throughout all levels: client focus, high performance business, strong control, engaged and empowered workforce, etc.
Business Delivery and Financial Performance
Setting clear, measurable near term financial goals and deliverables
* Financial Delivery: Ensure Brokerage Operations delivers acceptable financial performance within acceptable risk parameters, maximizing RoE by delivering revenue, and managing cost, capital and risks
* Balance Sheet: Ensure Brokerage Operations delivers the desired business results and performs Balance Sheet substantiation on accounts that are impacted directly or indirectly by Brokerage payments/receipts.
* Efficiency and Cost Management: Drive disciplined cost management and a culture of cost consciousness and operational excellence across the firm
Financial Management and Budgeting: Ensure Brokerage Operations implements financial management disciplines which allow the timely and prospective management of the business
Meeting and exceeding customer and stakeholder expectations
* Client Focus: Set the tone from the top by promoting client focus throughout strategy, communications and client engagement. Ensure client focus in built into Brokerage Operations culture.
* Customer Delivery: Ensure all staff in Brokerage Operations are accountable for their delivery of commitments to the Leading Captive Unit's customers
* Reputation: Build, safeguard and uphold the reputation of Leading Captive Unit's Group across all stakeholders: investors, press, politicians, public, staff, clients, brokers, etc.
Regulatory Relations: Act as senior interface for the Group as required with regulators, industry associations, policy makers, etc. Ensure relationships are open, transparent and in good faith
Risk, Efficiency and Control
Setting clear goals, internal controls, risk management, business efficiency, improvement and effectiveness
* Supervisory Culture: Supervise direct reports and their activities effectively, including effective record keeping and documentation of key people issues. Ensure direct reports and management teams are competent and have clearly defined responsibilities, both collectively and individually in line with the five pillars of supervision excellence:
Tell employees what their jobs are
Tell them how to do their jobs
Show them how to do their jobs
Test that they have done their jobs properly
Incentivise for the job they have done
* Line of Defence:
Complies with relevant Group Policies, testing and certifying (or considers and escalates) the adequacy and effectiveness of the business's controls on a regular basis.
Establishes and documents (or follows and/or maintains) operating procedures which include relevant controls to meet Group and local policy requirements.
Establishes and owns a governance structure for identifying and managing risk, and for defining and approving an appropriate Risk Appetite^
Establishes and maintains risk assessments to identify and assess the material risks that arise in the area of responsibility^.
* Conduct Risk: To be accountable for ensuring you understand, uphold and promote the Conduct Risk standard pillars:
Conduct Towards our Customers
* Risk Appetite and Business Quality: Set a clear risk appetite and ensure business is conducted within it. Risk appetite should include credit risk, conduct risk, operational risk management, market risk management, reputational risk, compliance, AML/KYC and business continuity management
* Operating Disciplines and Controls: Establish and maintain operations, controls, risk assessments and assurance programmes, monitoring of risk and controls to identify, assess and manage any material risks which may arise. Assess the quality of the control environment of [insert business name] on a semi-annual basis through the Control Environment Certification process
* Risk Culture: Set the tone from the top by promoting appropriate business and risk aware behaviours and requiring compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements and Leading Captive Unit's Group policies
* EC Commitments: Receive and consider issues related to commitments in the European Commission State Aid Deed for Brokerage Operations as appropriate.
Business Continuity: Ensure adequate Business Continuity plans are maintained and tested for [insert business name]
Goal setting around team management, style, training and others
Note: Mandatory for Supervisors only
Performance Management: Comply with HR performance processes by setting objectives for all direct reports and conducting mid/full year performance reviews
* People development: Ensure to take active roles in the development of people, attracting, retaining and developing talent. Build capability, robust succession plans, talent management and improve working environment. Encourage mobility across functions and geographies
* Leadership: Set the tone from the top, be a visible leader, foster a partnership approach to success, and create an environment which empowers and motivates employees. Engender a culture which puts customers and people at the heart of the business and promotes good risk management
Resource Management: Ensure to take accountability for deployment and planning of people resource across the business.
* 10 + years experience in International Bank/Financial institution.
* Broad experience of banking environments and markets.
* Management of an Operations/Middle Office department or similar environment.
* Proven ability to build, maintain and enhance relationships at all levels including interacting effectively with key Support areas (Finance, Middle Office/ Front Office, Technology, HR, etc).
* Proven track record of delivering results.
* Ability to develop an environment where continuous improvement is an integral part of activities.
Ability to create a culture that will facilitate productivity and ensure quality.
* Strong leadership, planning and prioritization.
* Good and proven people management skills.
* Excellent communicator at all levels with good presentation and negotiation skills.
* An advanced understanding of investment banking products and Operational Risk management
* Experience in project management and process re-engineering
* Able to offer flexibility, whilst ensuring governance with local practice
* Deep understanding of Operations processes
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Excellent PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Ability to manage across cultural boundaries
* Able to work independently and as part of a team
Ability to work under pressure and to deliver against sometimes very short deadlines