AVP- Learning & Development
The key dimensions to this role include:
1. Responding to the constant demand for learning input to the business-lines in the areas of managing performance and developing individual careers.
* Build a strong relationship with Managers at all levels to facilitate the Learning and Development agenda for the business.
* Liaise with external training providers building positive working relationships at all levels.
* Manage, formulate and develop the delivery of a comprehensive training program for all staff.
* Ensure the maximization of funding opportunities.
2. Evaluation of L&D solutions (including external benchmarking).
* Formulate training evaluation methodologies post IT training interventions.
* Aid and motivate business-lines to evaluate Return on Investment in terms of productivity and quality gain.
3. Develop own knowledge and competence
* Stay current on L&D initiatives.
* Maintain competence in using in-house systems.
As the role develops, other duties may be included from time to time; the management of the organization will determine these duties.
The candidate will be responsible for the following outcomes (including but not limited to):
1. Assess current learning and development arrangements and influence development activities within the business-lines to complement the learning and development strategy of the organization.
2. Support the learning and development vision ensuring alignment.
3. Assist to update and maintain the learning and development strategy.
4. Provide regular management information regarding learning and development that fully informs the activities carried out within the business-lines.
5. Work in partnership with the L&D Team to effectively deliver, cost efficient training and learning initiatives to maximize employee potential.
The post holder's performance will be measured against the principal accountabilities indicated in this section. The list above is not exhaustive, and additional measures may be included as appropriate.
Planning & Organising
1. Planning own activities, on a daily, weekly monthly and annual basis.
2. Meet the L&D Team and organization's deadlines on various activities.
3. Plan and agree timeframes for completion of tasks with other team members.
1. Makes decisions in relation to their own particular field of activity. Consults where appropriate in the case of overlapping responsibilities. Uses sound professional judgement when making decisions.
2. Makes decisions independently and the VP -- L&D may review work for accuracy and adequacy of professional judgement as necessary.
1. Partner with internal clients to pro-actively identify, develop and implement learning solutions that support business growth and strategy.
2 Build relationships across all levels within the business-line to facilitate learning and evaluation of training.
3. Build and manage relationships with external training providers and identify alternate methods of training methodology.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Presence, commitment, and a passion about people and their development are critical to the success of this role. The candidate must have a strong sense of professionalism and the ability to work with a wide range of people.
In order to achieve the above, the successful candidate must have a combination of the following skills and experience:
1. Relevant years of experience in the field of L&D holding various positions within the function.
2. Demonstrable experience contributing to a learning and development vision and strategy.
3. A pragmatic and change management mind set which focuses on delivery and produces tangible/intangible results.
4. Strong presentation, facilitation, and communication skills.
5. Credibility, flexibility, adaptability and proactivity are essential.
6. Ability to produce Management Reports documenting performance and financial information.