* Business Function: Compliance Services, Conduct & Regulatory Affairs (C&RA)
* Business Pillar: C&RA Assurance
Purpose of the role:
* Supporting C&RA globally (including all aspects of Conduct or Financial Crime Risk) by participating in Assurance Reviews to achieve positive Customer or Financial Crime Outcomes.
* Ensure identification, assessment and monitoring of Conduct or Financial Crime Outcomes and related risks are undertaken effectively, in accordance with regulatory requirements and Risk Management Standards.
Deliverables and Responsibilities:
* Deliver and document high quality C&RA Assurance Reviews across the Customer-facing businesses and Support functions, as per the Global C&RA Assurance Methodology, to ensure compliance with Bank policies.
* Design and execute robust and efficient testing strategies that focus on Customer or Financial Crime Outcomes.
* Ensure that accurate and timely updates are made to the Review Tracker Database to allow Senior Executives to extract accurate and up-to-date management information.
* Evaluate, escalate situations / issues which may require further investigation.
* Taking a lead role on reviews when requested and deputizing when Upper Manager is on holiday or unavailable during a review.
2. Risk Management:
* Through assurance activities consider the inherent and material risks of the Customer facing businesses and support functions, including analyzing the risk profiles of those businesses to provide assurance that the risks are being appropriately identified, assessed and mitigated to the desired level (Risk Appetite) by the First Line and Second Lines of defence.
* Keep up to date with industry specific emerging risks, trends and publications.
* Provide expert support and challenge to the Customer-facing businesses and Support functions on risk management/ensuring right Customer or Financial Crime Outcomes are achieved. This includes interpreting and complying with the risk policy standards and risk management framework (and engaging with the C&RA Advisory Team where appropriate).
* Escalate identified issues to Upper Manager/ Lead Review Manager for inclusion in read across to Senior Management.
3. Stakeholder Engagement:
* Maintain strong stakeholder engagement through assurance activity and build ongoing relationships, to engender a culture of collaborative working, openness and transparency (particularly with C&RA Advisory).
* Provide senior Management with relevant management information, reports and escalate concerns where appropriate during the reviews.
4. Customer Outcomes:
* Contribute to the development of a Global Assurance Methodology and ensure that it is efficient, effective and consistently applied by all members of C&RA.
* Plan reviews that ensures that we focus on how Businesses achieve the right Customer/ Financial Crime Outcomes.
* Maintain an extensive level of awareness of internal policies, external regulations and the Codes of Conduct that apply to the Bank and link to the relevant outcomes.
* Experience in a global Financial Services industry, including a proven track record in a risk/ control environment.
* Good understanding of risk management and assurance methodologies and how to apply them.
* Appreciation of how Management achieves the right Customer / Financial Crime Outcomes.
* An inquisitive approach and an ability to challenge in a constructive way with an ability to look at the big picture when facing complex or non-standard situations.
* Demonstrate resilience and resolve in challenging situations and ensure effective escalation of issues when required.
* Ability to identify core issues and potential non-compliance of policies and/or procedures from a broad range of sources, including an ability to recommend fit-for-purpose solutions if required.
* Effective Senior stakeholder engagement (interpersonal and verbal communications), in particular with C&RA Advisory Strong written communication and report writing skills.
* Ability to work on their own initiative to identify opportunities to enhance the reputation and profile of C&RA Assurance and the wider C&RA Function.
* To demonstrate flexibility in their roles depending on the nature of specific C&RA Assurance reviews.
Other Significant Role Requirements:
* A personal commitment and ability to successfully deliver BAU C&RA Assurance Reviews and adhoc account-abilities to the highest standards.
* Influencing and conflict resolution skills.
* Demonstrate commitment to personal development.
* Travel is a feature of the role.
* Excellent attention to detail and effective management of work within tight deadlines.
Scope of Role:
* Country specific and/or Regional Reviews. Aspects of the role may have a global responsibility depending on the C&RA Assurance Reviews.
* Knowledge of Conduct or Financial Crime risks and a broad understanding of risk management within a global Financial Services firm.
* Knowledge of the design and execution of Assurance programmes within a Financial Services environment.
* A recognized professional qualification would be desirable (but not essential).
* Support C&RA to operate within agreed budgets during Assurance reviews.
* Ensuring expense claims are submitted timely and accurately in accordance with Bank Policy.