- As a Research Analyst, the candidate will work with a senior analyst as part of the Global Commodities Research team and will be expected to gather, track and analyze relevant data, update models/analysis, present findings to internal clients, assist with key research publications, adhoc research projects, etc.
- The candidate will be required to work with team members based across New York, London and APAC to perform the required analyses to generate new ideas as well as produce and publish research reports
- The candidate would need to have a good understanding of the commodities market (specifically experience in Oil) and ideally should have prior experience working in sell-side research as that would be essential in working with minimal directions from a geographically dispersed team
- The candidate will work as an individual contributor and would need to have a working knowledge of the commodities industry, business management and operating/accounting principles
- The candidate will need to gather and organize data meaningfully to analyze and evaluate trends (demand, supply, prices, flows, etc) for various commodities and geographies.
- Masters degree with 3 - 6 years relevant experience in Investment Research with detailed knowledge of Commodities and experience covering Oil & Gas sector
- Should have extensive knowledge of VBA and Advanced Excel as the candidate would have to analyze data in Excel using Macros and build new models/modify existing models as required