Primary Responsibility Responsible for managing legal matters, for the organization. This will include:
1. Finalisation of agreements relating to distribution arrangements, custody, R&TA, investments in NCDs, leave and license, NDAs, banking transactions related, etc.
2. Review of existing agreements to ensure that they are current in all respects
3. Standardisation and benchmarking
4. Handling consumer court matters
5. Advising on and replying to investor complaints relating to transmission and other matters
6. Developing a data base of agreements for ease of reference and retrieval
* Should be with a law firm, preferably
* Should be conversant with financial services sector
* Should be able to finalize distribution, custody, R&T agreements
* Should be able to review a transaction relating to real estate, such as investment, leasing etc.
* Should be able to bring to table best practices
* Need to have the maturity to handle the function by himself / herself.
* Good communication skills, required for interacting with internal and external stake holders
* Well conversant with MS Office, specifically, word, excel and power point