- Asst Manager Learning & Development will be based at Mumbai, Maharashtra. The position will be expected to design organisation-wide strategy to meet learning and development needs, and manage training delivery, measurement and follow-up as required.
- This will include training and development needs towards performance improvement, personal development of staff and for enabling an organization-wide synergy on core values as per the organization competency framework.
- The position will be responsible to ensure that all training and development activities have at their core the six values that represent the essence of the organization.
- The learning and development solutions would need to effectively address the needs of a diverse and geographically dispersed workforce that includes employees, consultants and volunteers. The position will be responsible to:
Need assessment and design of learning & development strategy
Design and implement organisation-wide strategy to meet training and development needs, including:
- Stay informed on relevant skills required by staff at various levels for effective performance and share these aspects as a key input for training plans.
- Assess training needs for organization staff in consultation with the Manager HR & Administration, function heads.
- Design assessment methods and measurement benchmarks for training inputs as per individual, team and organization performance goals including business and personal development metrics.
- Plan training budgets including forecasting costs and number of trainings by levels and functional areas aligned with the organizations performance management system.
- Design and deliver learning & development solutions
- Create an energetic and exciting learning environment across the headquarter and state program offices to achieve desired standards of training inputs and outcomes, including:
- Design training courses and programs including e-learning modules to meet training needs based on leveraging in-house resources and where required, by engaging external trainers including external training accreditation bodies, academic institutions, donor institutions and government entities.
- Guide and assist designated teams to develop introductory and on-going training plans and learning activities.
- Co-ordinate, as required with headquarter office staff and state program staff to organise training venues and training logistics including procurement of training materials and equipment, to achieve desired standards of training attendance and delivery.
- Follow-up training initiatives through ongoing coaching, guidance and support including identifying and fulfilling staff specific need gaps.
- Ensure that all training activities and materials meet with requisite standards of the organization policy and meet other compliances including health and safety, employment and equality aspects.
- Monitor and report on training activities, costs, performance, etc., as required.
Organization competency development:
- Engage closely with the HR & Administration Manager to align training initiatives with the organization performance management system and the overall organization competency framework, including:
- Ensure that all training and development activities have at their core the six values that represent the essence of the organization.
- Facilitate dissemination of organization values and team alignment thereof, at the headquarter office and at state program offices.
- Identify opportunities and actively support career path and development opportunities for potential leaders, including:
- Develop and implement a framework to build the next generation of leadership across levels and offices of the organization.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned for the position.
Candidates suitable for the position:
- Post-graduate degree/diploma in Human Resources or a related discipline. Additional certification in Learning and Development and assessment tools is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of work experience in an HR management role including experience of working at the headquarter office with multi-state teams, preferably with a team that has a large share of program field personnel.
- At least 3 years of experience in a Learning and Development role.
- Experience of mapping training needs and designing, implementing and evaluating training initiatives.
- Experience of working with a not-for-profit and experience of program operating conditions at the grass-root level would be an asset.
- Experience of managing training needs linked with a competency framework and a robust HR information system aligned with organization performance metrics is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience of engagement with training service providers including for field program personnel and leadership roles on functional training, personal development training and to build organization competencies.
- Demonstrated experience of project management skills including ability to organize and implement training programs on scale in a scenario with multiple evolving variables including participant priorities and schedules.
- Experience and confidence to continually engage across a large and diverse team to facilitate interest and participation in training initiatives and desired outcomes.
- Confident, articulate, self-driven and a team player.
- Ability and willingness to travel to program areas as may be required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Windows Operating System.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hindi.