Scope of Role
Business Area - PPMS Risk
Key departments / areas of responsibility - Risk
Overall Job Purpose
To provide analytical support to one or more of the regulatory guidance, liaison, assurance, business continuity, information risk, operational risk, financial risk, Reporting/MI and change processes within Prudential UK
The following roles and responsibilities will be assigned to the role as appropriate depending on the needs of the Risk function.
* To maintain awareness of regulatory changes that impact the UK business
* To support the delivery of education and embedment of existing regulatory rules within the business
* To build understanding and experience of the principles and practices of risk management
* To provide effective and efficient guidance to the UK business
* To create good working relationships with stakeholders on specific activities
* To work with colleagues elsewhere within Regulatory and Operational Risk and the wider Risk function to ensure that Prudential UK and its subsidiaries comply with the appropriate rules, regulations and codes of practice (Regulatory Compliance)
* To build and maintain an understanding of the business needs through regular interaction with relevant business areas
* To work with colleagues elsewhere within Regulatory and Operational Risk and the wider Risk function to ensure that Prudential UK to ensure we maintain good working relationships with all Regulators and Trade Bodies.
* To work with others in Risk to challenge the business in its approach to risk identification, quantification, mitigation and management
* To provide specific support and analysis activities in preparation for regulatory inspections and visits
* To work with the business on specific regulatory issues, be that guidance, liaison or change initiatives.
* To participate in the processes of regulatory change, liaison and guidance, usually working within a team and alongside the Heads of Guidance/Change or Liaison
* To analyse and develop proposals for guidance or advice on matters of regulation for example HMRC/TPR/DWP/PPF/FAS/FCA/PRA/ICO
* To support and occasionally lead assurance reviews as and when required, ensuring accuracy, maintenance and tracking of documentation and activity
* To participate in the production of MI or other information requirements
* To work as directed on projects, initiatives and incidents
* To deliver interviews in support of the assurance process and conduct appropriate close-out meetings
* To contribute to the continuous improvement of methodology across risk
* To contribute to the Risk objective of recruiting and retaining high quality people by supporting the Risk Consultants in the development of people within the team or across the wider pool of risk resources
* To provide education to promote a positive compliance culture and to ensure that Risk staff are kept up-to-date with regulatory matters regardless of domain
* To promote a positive risk and control culture within Risk and across the business, balancing commercial considerations with regulatory ones
* To work flexibly in support of the wider Risk agenda
* Compliance -- To ensure that you understand and adhere to Prudential's Code of Conduct and, where appropriate, comply with all relevant regulatory policies. This includes completion of any mandatory training requirements.
* Financial Controls -- Ensure all expenditure commitments (orders, contracts, budgets etc) and all payments are properly authorised, controlled and monitored, in accordance with Prudential UK delegated authority requirements. The responsibilities of expenditure authorisers are documented in the Prudential UK Financial Procedures Manual.
* To participate in the Performance Management Process ensuring that all personal process milestones and deliverables are met.
* To demonstrate a positive risk, compliance and control culture through the identification, assessment, monitoring and management of risks and issues within the business area, alongside ensuring timely and appropriate resolution of control weaknesses, actions and failures that arise.
Risk Leadership Team
BC & D
Management and staff in business areas including outsourcers
Competence / Knowledge / Skills required
A good understanding of regulatory and compliance environments
Developing knowledge of Prudential products, systems and distribution methods.
An understanding of the business drivers for Pru UK.
A good understanding of the regulated marketplace and the position of Prudential within that market.
Full IT literacy, including MS Outlook, Microsoft Office and Risk related applications
Ability to quickly learn and assimilate key processes and procedures
Ability to analyse rules and regulations, highlighting key considerations or new requirements
Good interpersonal skills - involving liaison across the organisation with key personnel, influencing other to deliver to deadlines and guiding them on specific requirements;
Good written and oral communication skills (Face to face and via the telephone or video-conference)
Ability to manage conflicting objectives
Comprehension and analysis skills
Ability to work to pressured deadlines
Ability to make quick independent decisions based on logical thought processes
Good organisation and logistical skills
Ability to plan and prioritise own schedule ensuring timely completion of responsibilities
Confidence to challenge appropriately, escalating as required.
Enquiring and persistent approach