Key result area:
Drive commercial banking business for bank's overseas branches/subsidiaries. Commercial banking business in overseas locations currently focuses on working capital related facilities for clients -- mainly letters of credit, guarantees, trade loans, remittances, etc.
Main activities would include analysis and review of market opportunities in these areas in each of the respective locations including trade corridors across regions.
This would require understanding the market specific business environment and scopeout geography-wise opportunitiesby various means including but not limited to market research.
Understanding of letters of credit, guarantees, cross border remittances is a key requirement
Key responsibilities would include -
* Deliver overall fee numbers in commercial banking for overseas locations
* Develop business plans specific to products that will encompass market analysis, product definition, competitive landscape and revenue strategy
* Co-ordinate with business teams at overseas locations to scope opportunities, identify and execute new areas of revenue generation
* Drive bank line business -- lead generation, deal structuring to final execution
* Structure geography specific large deals and providing guidance, support on transaction specific exceptions
* Review and clear trade term sheets for working capital proposals pertaining to overseas location
* Engage with internal control groups with trade subject matter expertise as and when required
* Develop new product and enhance existing processes to balance risk and reward equation
* Drive technology platforms -- conceptualization and implementation
* Drive fee numbers, conduct periodic reviews with senior management
* Handle senior management presentations towards location specific strategy (existing/new locations)
* Solid knowledge of trade finance products and awareness -- UCP, ISP, ISBP, URR
* Knowledge of regulations -- RBI, PMLA, OFAC, FATF
* Adept at working with spreadsheets including data analysis
* Good interpersonal skills - ability to coordinate as well as drive results telephonically across geographies
* Good presentation skills
* Basic market knowledge of key competition in the market and individual strengths in product offerings across banks