Working as part of a team, you will be responsible for the assigned Conference Program as a project from initial research, through program development to final event execution, ensuring a "successful" conference- "Success" based on two parameters - profitability and content quality (measured by client (delegate + sponsor) experience and feedback), thereby serving client needs as a valuable forum for knowledge gaining, shaping business strategy and networking. Constant support and mentoring would be provided by reporting Manager as part of the reporting structure.
Value addition, responding to industry needs with new/enhanced content is expected in case of existing conferences/annual editions.
Got good researching and communication skills and a flair for people management
1. Ability to conduct PRIMARY and SECONDARY industry research and analysis and develop a bank of senior level contacts, industry leaders and experts in order to get to the pulse of the industries we serve.
2. Excellent written and oral communications are essential as you will be communicating with industry leaders (VP / CEO / MD / Director level), inviting and confirming them as Speakers by effective communication and value propositioning of the event. Besides, you would also be drafting content for Conference program- catchy event tagline, presentation topics etc besides crisp and persuasive copy and message for marketing mailers, event website and other key collateral's.
3. Good team player - working closely and smoothly with colleagues from different departments within the organization to mutually leverage from strengths and existing client relationships, and to ensure sales and direct marketing campaigns are successful and projected event targets are met (Delegate and Sponsorship sales, Exhibition sales, Database, Marketing and Operations), as well as with external partners such as Knowledge Partners, Industry Associations with whom we have strategic alliances to further enhance program quality, content and credibility.
4. Good commercial acumen - To have the bigger picture. Develop an understanding of the value chain and business model within the industry/sector, identifying the vendors/solution providers and end-users, the existing business needs and opportunities and in turn leveraging these to maximize profitability of the event in terms of sponsorship and delegate revenue by providing brief on the industry and event to colleagues responsible for Sponsorship Sales and Delegate Sales at start of sales cycle and re-briefing as and when required.
5. High level of personal integrity, responsibility and accountability, being in charge of the assigned Conference project.
6. Ability to respect deadlines and team goals and work accordingly.
2 - 4 years (minimum 2 years preferably in B2B Events/Conferences)