Assistant Category Manager / Category Manager (depending on experience) - Integrated CDIT (Consumer Durables & IT) - Electrical / Electronic products (Air coolers / fans / lights / bulb / tool kits / gadgets / lighting / wires / ropes ).
The essential purpose of this job is Sourcing the products from the wholesale market. To understand the component market place so ensuring that value is secured from all sourcing activities. This role is responsible for managing the development of all suppliers and is expected to minimize the inflationary effect of the commodity and provide an ongoing cost down program and deliver in excess of the planned level of profit, at the same time to seek out and convert new business opportunities for the division that will lead to long term growth.
* To establish the optimum product mix for each store type
* To pro-actively seek out and develop new business
opportunities for the Category.
* To ensure that financial plans are developed in line with market trends, balancing risks and opportunities and to develop contingency plans to achieve net margin plan for the Category and maximize profitability while controlling overall stocks at the budgeted norms
* Sourcing and development of own label with the product strategy, to offer a balance of choice, value, quality, and desirability, to the consumer.
* To ensure that Category space plans are developed so that the optimum ranges for each size of store are displayed while delivering the required returns per square foot.
Vendor - short listing based on consumer requirements along with the concerned Buyer and Merchandiser.
Development of subordinate - To ensure that the skills of all direct reportees are fully developed through a balance of training and coaching, and to manage individual performance so that full potential can be realized.
Budget - To manage Category budgeted expenditure within agreed levels.
Competencies / Skills Required
* Soft Skills required: Analytical skills, effective presentation/communication skills, planning, leadership/people management, Decision making, negotiation skills, customer service orientation, networking/ relationship building.
* System skills required: MS Office
Educational Qualifications :
MBA / BE
Age: 28 to 35 years
Preferred Industry - Retail