Qualification: Regular MBA (From a premium institute)
Responsible for the coordination of the sales efforts in a given state/area . This includes developing new distributors, liaising with the distributors, introduction of new products, and overall supervision of the market penetration plan within the assigned area.
Formulate sales strategy for assigned territory, develop sales forecast, budget and manage his/her team; directs distributors and /or sales force to achieve sales targets; pursue major prospects and lead in major negotiations as well as recommend appropriate terms of sales.
This involves working with distributors, construction firms, plumbers, contractors and architects in accordance with established company policies, planned sales volume goals.
* Established personal contact, and maintain an on-site relationship with distributors who are buying, exhibiting, selling and servicing Organization's/Englefield/JD plumbing products, in accordance with corporate and regional sales goals, programs and policies.
* Analyze and evaluate assigned area regarding sales trends, sales potentials, competition, economic/business conditions, and distributor performance, recommend changes in sales programs and distributorships to make area operation more effective in meeting sales volume quotas.
* Establish and maintain regular contact with sub-distributors, plumbing contractors, key national, architects, interior designers, developers to inform them of the advantages of using Organization's plumbing products and to motivate them toward specifying plumbing products, from Organization's's corporate product portfolio, for their end customers.
* Develop a broad base distribution network for Organization's Co.'s plumbing products through expanding distributors' showrooms or dealers' outlets.
* Support and manage a Organization's sales team, including training and motivating it towards agreed objectives and achievement of the prescribed target within an allocated budget.
* Provide guidance, review Organization's practices and procedures, develop sales programs with Organization's sales team, distributors' management team, their sub-distributors and their key buyers.
* Maintain Organization's India's grasp on the market and competitive situation by providing information on competitor's activities, products, cost and other related information advantageous to the company.
* Advise the management in relation to the termination or increase of the credit limit of the Organization's's distributors and also ensure that all receivables are kept current.
* Provide training and assist in resolving specific questions or problems regarding the sales programs, installation and after sales technical issues. Evaluate and approve defective product claim reports by distributors, retailers and customers.
* Prepare annual sales forecast for assigned area based on knowledge of sales trends, sales potentials, competition and economic/business conditions as well as distributors' purchase/sales penetration performance.
* Attend and participate in Company sales meeting and trade or industry meetings, shows and conventions to increase knowledge of Organization's Co.'s plumbing products, improve selling techniques and cultivate good working relationships with distributors and product users.
* Perform any assignments given by the company.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
* Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
* Sales Executives/Senior Sales Executives
* Organizations Relationships:
Frequent contacts with:
* Product Managers, Marketing Communication Manager, Showroom designers on all marketing related activities.
* Customer Service Centre on orders and shipments.
* Accounting Manager on credit limit and customer's payments.
* External Business Relationships:
* Has continuous contact with principals and employees of distributors.
* Has frequent contact with plumbing contractors, general contractors, builders, architects and interior designers and key endusers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
4-7 years sales management experience within the sanitaryware or building materials trade required. Knowledge of sanitaryware distribution approach in India and experience in selling products into this distribution network highly preferred. Must possess strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Mature, self driven and result oriented. Must be willing to travel regularly throughout the assigned region. MBA -- Marketing qualification preferred. Must be bi-lingual in both English and Hindi/Local languages. Fluency in regional dialects would be an added advantage.